Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #15

No problem Scout....I was just wondering.

I guess it would be OK to just mount the MC under the fender as it comes, and not worry about it having a remote mounted reservoir...especially if there are some complications in retrofitting the reservoir lines to the new MC..

Did the 2006 models you changed out have to fill the MC's under the fender and above the wheel...??

I had a Fleetwood that you had to get under the fender well to check the MC. IT was a pain in the rear...but I survived, since I rarely had to deal with it.

Thanks...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #16

Not an option--no room for the reservoir to be mounted under/in the wheelwell--thats why the use of a remote tank on earlier models. The point is that when WRV went to the adjustable pedals in later models [like the 2006], the MC was moved from under the wheel well to up on the fire wall, in front of the driver's position--more like what you see in a car or light/med truck application......

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #17

Good Morning Scout..

I'm confused and need to get a master cylinder located two hours ago...or I may not have time to install it anyway.

Question...Do we know the 2001 adapter/remote plate on the OEM Master cylinder "will fit for sure" on the 1.75" bore master cylinder everyone is putting on the later model coaches?

Or do we only have one person who has tried it... whom never reported how it worked in the 7 page thread? (which is now a year or better old).

Thanks for all your help and patience...I'm slammed trying to do three things at once for this big family gathering ..and fix the motorhome at the same time...and I need sleep to boot...

Best regards....
Old 05-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #18

Only know of one non-adjustable pedal owner replacing their remote tank MC with the smaller bore [1.75], may or may ot have been 2-piston calipers[ref post on IRV2] . Believe he had it done at Redlands or somewhere like that so his first-person knowledge of how it was done, was limited. Dont recall if he reported back on whether the upgrade improved his pedal feel.

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake