Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

2001 Alpine Upholstery and trim information..

If it is available..Where can a person get upholstery and trim information. I have a chair that I would like to have upholstered to match my 2001 Alpine Ultaleather upholstery...and replace a less comfortable one that came with the coach.

Stan..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Stan,
There should be a tag on the underside of the chair that states what color of ultraleather was used. However, my experience is that the color changes with age. Best of luck in getting a match, I surely didn't.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Cheryl View Post
Stan,
There should be a tag on the underside of the chair that states what color of ultraleather was used. However, my experience is that the color changes with age. Best of luck in getting a match, I surely didn't.

Thanks Guys..

That doesn't sound good..

What color were you trying to match?

I'm trying to match a color that look like Ultraleather "Buff" on a Ultraleather sample chart. it's a light tan...more yellow than the bone color, but not much.

Stan...
Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Stan,
The tag had been removed on mine. I Took a sofa cushion into the showroom and did a visual match. I got oyster as the closest match. When the pieces came in, the match was not even close. Light in the coach and light in the showroome were a lot different. Bummer.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Try the flexsteel web site, and most likely you will have to find a dealer who has something in that color, as looking at it on you monitor won't help much. It's the way the camera which took the pictures handles the color transformation into 1's and 0's. Your eye sees it differently, so do as the earlier poster said, take something into a showroom and try to match close there. Then borrow a cushion or even check out the color palette they have using the type of lighting in the coach, to make the match.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #6

I haven't found a tag on mine...but I did find a large flap of material under the recliner that I coiuld remove and use for a sample. Maybe that will work. Having the trim information would really verify it for sure though..

There isn't any RV Furniture that I can find anywhere in DFW. I guess business is so poor no one stocks anything anymore.

I'm don't think I'll order anything I can't see....Special orders would be non-returnable I imagine. Especially since anything that is supposed to be for a RV is so ridiculously priced.

Being a custom car builder...I know some good upholstery people, in fact do some my self occasionally. Matching the material is really the hardest part...."if" you have a chair you like, and is small enough.

Hmmm..maybe the chair is the hardest part..?

Stan...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Another option would be to go to a color that compliments rather than matches what you have. We did this replacing our fabric sofa with an ultra leather J lounge. We are very pleased with the results. The new lounge is much darker than the captains chairs and euro chair that we have but it matches the window trim and carpet very well. Doug
Doug & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #8

Looks like ours is going to be an easy fix. I sent the wife to Larry Dennis Co. today (upholstery supplier in Ft. Worth). She took a sample from the chair with her. Those guys knew what it was at a glance.. We are elated... She bought a 1/2 yard of the material for a sample to check it out in the coach lighting.....

In and out of the coach it was a dead on match, with a little alowance for the age of the older material.

So we are on the way...my upholstery guy is booked for a couple of weeks , but we're next.

So on to the next issue now...getting all the Tv's , Dvd and roof dish up and running..

Thanks to all..Stan...