Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
After seeing the new SE's at the Desert Rat Rally I decided that we need to have a new SE 40fdts. So if anyone knows someone who is looking for a 2002 34fdds in excellent condition, with many fixes and upgrades give them my contact info.

Dale Gerstel

(702) 306-4394

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
After seeing the new SE's at the Desert Rat Rally I decided that we need to have a new SE 40fdts. So if anyone knows someone who is looking for a 2002 34fdds in excellent condition, with many fixes and upgrades give them my contact info.

Dale Gerstel

(702) 306-4394

Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Dale,

Don't know of anyone at this moment, though in reading other postings it sounds like your coach is a desirable length and floor plan. We will definitely refer folks to you if we hear of someone looking for something similar.

We know just what you mean about the new SEs, as we ordered one last year, a 40FDQS, and will be traveling to the factory at the end of February to pick it up. We are really excited about it!

Since you live in LV, like we do, will you be joining us at our Alpine SoCal rally here next month at the Outdoor Resorts? Would love to meet you, and perhaps you would like to join our fun group for future rallies, too. Our region is called SoCal, but includes Southern Nevada, too. Andy & Suzan Lewis are also members and live here in LV. Just a bit off topic...sorry!

Good luck in finding a buyer for your current rig!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #4

Dale,
sorry, dont know anyone that is looking at this time.. good luck with finding a buyer.

You will love the SE.... we know... WE DO! Like Gail and John, the FDQS is a wonderful floor plan.

Good luck on your trip Gail and John.... I can feel the excitement!
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, Hugh! We wish we were leaving tomorrow!

We are moving from the Limited 40FDTS to the SE 40FDQS, and we know Sammi is really going to appreciate the extra floor space to make her circles before settling down for her snooze.

Dale, if you are unable to attend our SoCal rally in LV next month, I will be sure to make an announcement to the attendees that your 2002 is available.

Gail
Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Gail,

Thanks for announcing about my coach at the rally. When is the LV rally? I have an appointment at the factory 2/19 to have a few things done to this coach to make in perfect for its next owner. I didn't know that LV was included in the SoCal chapter's area. We will have to see about joining.

Dale
Old 01-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

Unfortunately, our SoCal rally in LV is the weekend you will be traveling up to Yakima...February 16 thru 18...at the Outdoor Resorts. The SoCal region includes Southern Nevada, so please do join us. We have a great group of people and always have a good time at our rallies. We have about 60 member coaches in the region now, and will gladly welcome more.

Our next rally is in Hemet, CA, the last weekend of April. We will be attending the Ramona Pageant, a very popular outdoor play. Perhaps you can join us at that rally.

You can learn more about us at www.alpinesocal.com. There is a link with a membership application form there on the website.

Have a safe trip to Yakima!

Gail
Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Gail,

When are you and John going to pickup your new coach? After I drop off mine it should be done in a week and a half or two weeks so I might be able to meet you.

Dale
Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

We will begin our PDI process on Monday, Feb 26, and will be there for the full week...until Mar 2. So, if you will be up there during that week, it will be great to be able to meet you. Ours will be the only 2007 there with blue paint...there is only one other that I know of that will be like ours, or maybe I should say ours is like theirs. The Swans had their 2006 APEX painted the same champagne/blue as we are getting, and we took pics of theirs at Charlotte last August so the factory could copy it exactly.

So, please look for us when you are there!

Gail
Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Gail,

What route do you take to go to the factory from Las Vegas? I am concerned about snow in the passes. I have no chains and don't like taking my coach on salted or sanded roads.

Dale
Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
DALE,

I USE I15 THRU SLC AND THEN I84 THRU BOISE. THEN I82 TO YAKIMA. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CABBAGE HILL IN WESTERN OREGON AND THAT'S NOT LIKELY TO BE AN ISSUE IN LATE MARCH/APRIL

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Dale,

Like Frank, we tend to use the all interstate route during the winter months, as they are kept well cleared. We have never encountered any salting or sanding on those roads, so you should be okay. We usually make it a 3 day trip, staying just south of SLC the first night and in the Boise area the second night. Of course, we don't like to travel more than 325 to 350 miles a day. It's about 1,000 miles from LV to Yakima.

The other route we take is Rt 93 through Ely and on up to Twin Falls. Before you get to Twin Falls, you hit US Rt 30, which we take west to link up with I84 the other side of Twin Falls. It's scenic, shorter and a bit quicker normally, but we have not done this one in the winter, so don't know what you would encounter.

Have a safe trip up both times, and hope we get to see you the end of February/first of March.

Gail
Old 02-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #13

Anyone having a used coach for sale please call Jay & Marlene at 360-201-2083. They are looking for a used motorhome.