Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
2002 Alpine 40FD - Good? Bad?

Just looking at possibly selling our 2000 Monaco Dynasty 40' and picking up a 2002 Alpine 40FD.

Reason? Several upgrades come with the Alpine. Full Color Body Paint. King size bed. Residential side by side fridge. 400 ISL Cummins.

Is there anything I should be aware of? To ask about?

Opinions are valued!
__________________

__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
bcbowers's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 631
Les,

Provided you check out the specific 2002 thoroughly before purchasing, I don't think you can go wrong. The Alpine Coaches up to 2004 used "basic" house systems; water heater, furnace, direct wiring, etc.

Take a look at this recent thread where several people responded with information regarding the possible purchase of a 2003 model. The 2002 model was also a very stable, reliable year with few issues.

2003 40md

Good luck in your pursuit! You'll have tons of help via this forum and more direct help if you join ACA (Alpine Coach Association) &/or any of the regional clubs.
__________________

__________________
Bob Bowers (Surprise, AZ)
2003 Alpine Coach 40' FDTS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbowers View Post
Les, Provided you check out the specific 2002 thoroughly before purchasing, I don't think you can go wrong. The Alpine Coaches up to 2004 used "basic" house systems; water heater, furnace, direct wiring, etc. Take a look at this recent thread where several people responded with information regarding the possible purchase of a 2003 model. The 2002 model was also a very stable, reliable year with few issues. 2003 40md Good luck in your pursuit! You'll have tons of help via this forum and more direct help if you join ACA (Alpine Coach Association) &/or any of the regional clubs.
Thanks. I read that thread.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
gjstacy's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 629
Les, I agree with all that Bob said. In addition, you might appreciate the handling of the Alpine, which has always been built on the custom designed peak chassis. In the price range that Alpines were built for, I don't think you could find a better handling coach. Be sure to do a test drive!

Good luck!
__________________
Gail, John & Mindy Stacy
2007 Alpine SE 40FDQS, 2011 Equinox
ACA & Alpine SoCal
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Member
 
jdarling10's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 60
Les,
I have a 2002 38.5ft Alpine with 157000 miles on the 400ISL. Very little has ever gone wrong with my coach and therefore we have done many upgrades. We look at SOBs off and on throughout the year and nothing comes even close to our Alpine.
Joe
__________________
2002 ALPINE 38.5ft 400ISL
JEEP LIBERTY TOAD
Joe & Micki Darling
jdarling10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarling10 View Post
Les,
I have a 2002 38.5ft Alpine with 157000 miles on the 400ISL. Very little has ever gone wrong with my coach and therefore we have done many upgrades. We look at SOBs off and on throughout the year and nothing comes even close to our Alpine.
Joe
Joe,
I too am looking for/at an early 2000's Alpine. Regarding your post, what does SOB mean?
Thanks,
Garry
__________________
g2fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jim A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,376
Some Other Brand!
__________________
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Koop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Full Timing
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjstacy View Post
Les, I agree with all that Bob said. In addition, you might appreciate the handling of the Alpine, which has always been built on the custom designed peak chassis. In the price range that Alpines were built for, I don't think you could find a better handling coach. Be sure to do a test drive!

Good luck!
Yes! DW loved the floorplan, the test drive sold me!
__________________

__________________
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front engine diesel good or bad klinerg Class C Motorhome Discussions 23 01-15-2015 10:40 PM
2001?? or 2002??? Old Sarge Damon 12 01-28-2014 11:02 AM
Not a good day onourway2013 Entegra Owner's Forum 37 01-15-2014 06:20 PM
Looking for a good electric pressure washer dukenrock iRV2.com General Discussion 14 12-16-2013 08:30 PM
New Rver's need help '04 Alpine ddstovall Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 9 08-25-2013 11:09 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.