RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Tom & Patty: Ralph's CCC of 2500# seems correct for a 40' quad slide, WITHOUT smart beds, Aqua-Hot, roof rise and a few bells and whistles of the late models. RVPioneer has a 36' with only two slides, so it also makes sense that he has a LOT more CCC. That curb-side slide weighs a lot.

Late model 40' 4-slide coaches are really pushing the 33k GVWR, which is why I think we see more and more tag axles utilized with 40's. If you can find a 40 tag, there might be 6-8k CCC! The Kennar 40' quad, will probably have the same CCC as Ralph's. Pretty tempting price, though...

FYI, we've weighed our coach quite a bit over the years, at the free Oregon unmanned weight stations, and have never been overweight. Granted, we aren't full time, but have spent months on the road with full basement, water in the tanks, etc. You might consider re-thinking how much weight you will really be hauling around.

Cheers!

Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #16

I have a 1998 Alpine 36ft with one slide. I found the weight table just where you said it would be. I attached a picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3100.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	228606

Sco70ttie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #17

I am very wary of super deals, especially in the south, given hurricanes and other water damage.

I also encountered a number of scams on the popular free online ad site.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
This is listed by POPs. Response has not been exemplary. Not sure why people use these brokers, except maybe to screen potential buyers.
Florida, water damage.....exactly my concerns. Inside does look a bit worn too!
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #19

Storm or water damage should be fairly easy to spot. At $65K it is reasonably priced for a quick sale. Depending on the age and condition of tires, batteries, shocks (may still have the original Bilsteins), steering bracket and proper functioning condition of other major components, refrigerator, A/Cís, inverter, etc it may not be a bargain at the current price. It could easily be a coach that needs $10K right off the bat.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Well POPís still hasnít come through with any answers.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #21

We bought a 2005 40FDTS in April for less than that with what I consider minimal issues. I know that we are proud of our Alpines and that WRV did a great job making unique coaches, but as the saying goes, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Maybe these folks just want out of it and aren't worried about making a financial gain. I know that's where the guy that I bought mine from was.

That's just my 2 cents...
Old 12-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
180 pictures. Wow looks like 224k miles not 24k.

https://www.poprvs.com/class-a-rvs-f...65203?c=917538
Old 12-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
180 pictures. Wow looks like 224k miles not 24k.

https://www.poprvs.com/class-a-rvs-f...65203?c=917538

No, I read that as 24507.2, i.e 2 tenths.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #24

You had better be able to tinker your self on this one. Lots of little things jump out at me in the pictures....A couple of them are not of the Alpine just so you know..
For me, I like and don't mine fixing some things as long as the major things are working properly. But if you are going to have to pay someone to fix everything it could get expensive quick.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
2005 40FDQS Sale

I know only 24k but it looks like 200k more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
No, I read that as 24507.2, i.e 2 tenths.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Yup somehow they put in two pics from a gas rig. Passing on this one. I see too many telltale signs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep401 View Post
You had better be able to tinker your self on this one. Lots of little things jump out at me in the pictures....A couple of them are not of the Alpine just so you know..
For me, I like and don't mine fixing some things as long as the major things are working properly. But if you are going to have to pay someone to fix everything it could get expensive quick.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:47 PM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
2005 40FDQS Sale

Look at the pictures of the entry area, I see water damage on the door and the step well. I see water infiltration in the bath and bedroom area.

Also agree there are several pics of some other coach, IIRC pic #6 is the first pic of dash area, it is not an Alpine, the later pic of that area is correct. Pic #19 is NOT an Alpine entry, the prior pic is, notice the water damage on the right (front) side. The front console is not the original radio, the bedroom radio is. What are the tye wraps on the pass side bedroom slide out, pic #19.

The insulation has come off in the engine compartment. The battery compartment has not been maintained. If you want to buy this coach be aware you could run into considerable expense remediating the issues above and any others that turn up. But if the price is right, it could be a great coach. I am the original purchaser on my Ď05 FDTS, and love it!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Yup. I also see the urethane sealant around the front windshield vertical post is missing and the inside front cap looks like it has a water line rust mark. No, we are passing on this one. I am not that handy.

Tags
sale