Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #1

2005 Platinum Paint Codes

I'm looking for the 2005 Platinum paint codes. While on our long Summer trip I have managed to do a little custom body work and will need a bit of paint work. Checked the ACA site but they are not there.

Also- any references for coach body and paint work in the Los Angeles area, or anywhere nearby?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Langord
Rick: I found the paint codes on the ACA Tech Library in the 2006 Schematics folder. Supposedly they used the same paints several years in a row.

Also, having been "kissed" by a boat on the freeway, Mark Brooks Orange Body and Paint in Orange did a fabulous job . He may still have the paint codes we provided him. Phone 714 289-0777 located at 735 W Collins Ave. Has plenty of room to handle large RV behind locked gates.

2006 Alpine MDTS #75546
FMCA/ACA/SoCAL/NoWACA
Langord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #3

Thanks Joel. I'll give him a call on Monday. We return Sunday and I'm anxious to remove all evidence of my driving talents as soon as possible.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Coleman View Post
I'm looking for the 2005 Platinum paint codes. While on our long Summer trip I have managed to do a little custom body work and will need a bit of paint work. Checked the ACA site but they are not there.

Also- any references for coach body and paint work in the Los Angeles area, or anywhere nearby?

The Tech Libary has the 2005 paint codes: http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...2005manual.pdf

See page 117.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #5

Rick, I have the 2005 platinum paint codes for the 05 if you don't get what you need from the ACA tech library. As a matter of fact I just had touch up paints for all colors made for our coach. It is the Sherwood green. If I can help let me know.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #6

Joel/Dave/Ted- The ACA Library factory manual has two columns for paint codes. What does the I/F mean? I'm assuming the WRV code is of no help at this time. Also, there is no I/F # for two of the colors, so how do you find those?

Anybody know what kind of paint was used at the factory, and is there a clear coat over it?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #7

WRV Paint

Rick, the numbers for the Alpine Platinum are as follows:

BRIGHT SILVER # A23055
DARK CHARCOAL # A23065
BLACK PEARL # IFDA67660
LIGHT CHARCOAL # IFDA67674
WINDSHIELD CENTER POST (BLACK) BC-200GL ( kind of foolish)

These are the I/F numbers that you had asked about. As I understand it the I/F # are BASF numbers and should be able to be matched. Somehow I had gotten out of WRV before they closed the breakdown of each of my colors. I believe if you contact a good auto paint supply store they should be able to match your colors with those numbers. I got touch up paint which does include a clear coat in it. It will still have to be finished with a touchup paint remover. I can get the paint in a spray can but then the clear coat would be seperate.
Hopefully this will help.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #8

Thanks Ted