Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #1

We have a 2005 Alpine Coach we bought last Nov. We have a radiator leak and have contacted Specialty Radiator for a new one. They say they will not warranty the new radiator because there was a problem with the design. Does anybody know about this?
Thank you

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #2

We have a 2005 Alpine Coach we bought last Nov. We have a radiator leak and have contacted Specialty Radiator for a new one. They say they will not warranty the new radiator because there was a problem with the design. Does anybody know about this?
Thank you

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Do a search on this forum for "leaking radiator" and you can read all the posts. There was a company in Portland, OR who will make one from scratch, they need the old one, and I believe they will warranty it. It's about a 2-3 hour job to remove the old one, if memory serves. You will get lots of info, if you do the search.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
And if again, memory serves, seems to me this is the company who will do the work.

http://www.macsradiator.com/index.as...on=Custom&ID=1

If you can get here, I would pick the Bend, OR store, as there are several good parks around that area, while the coach is down. If you are a Thousand Trails member, there is a nice park south of Bend, Macs, might be able to pick it up, or something.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #5

Fran,

We have a lot of info on the posts on our radiator on our '06. Radiator Specialties made the replacement radiator; rubber bushings were added to the bottom mount to reduce the vibration with caused the radiator to leak. If you can find the bushings, I would think Radiator Specialties would make another one since WRV is totally dead.

If not, I researched Macs Radiator in Portland (as Old Rv'er listed) and they will make one for you that is non-aluminum and pretty much bullet proof. It will cost about the same, but they need your radiator for a pattern.

If you decide to use Macs Radiator, which is what I will do if this second one fails, I would recommend staying in or close to Portland since they will need the old radiator and it takes about 5 hours to remove and 5 hours to install a new one, and they take a pickup at least to transport. I think Macs would remove, rebuild and replace your radiator on their site, but they may not have a place to stay unless you dry camp in their parking lot. I would do that before I stayed far away.

If you need any other info, PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can talk.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Fran, most of the locations in the Portland Area, are not places I would want to camp. Hense my suggestion on using the Bend location. There is an RV park out in Troutdale, on Marine Drive, which is quite nice if memory serves. It's close to Macs, but not real close. Once you make up your mind, let me know, and if I'm around I will see what local help can be arranged to get the radiator picked up, if Mac's wont do it.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #7

From what I've read, Radiator Specialties built a faulty product and will not stand behind it. Another lame RV product manufacturer.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #8

Any one have the price on a replacement radiator built by Macs Radiator in Portland. My Alpine is dead sitting in the lot at NW Cummins since they took the radiator out. Dave at NW Cummins said they could have a new one built for $5500.00 and my insurance wants to rebuild the old one for $2500.00. Thanks