Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #1

2005 Speedo settings

on my 05 40' fdts, how do you reset to zero the average mpg, trip meter etc?
Thanks!
Mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Push the little rubber buttons at the bottom of the display, don't remember the sequence. Do you have any manuals on it in the coach? You can call atica and they might send it to you. Don't have it for download. Guess I should bring it home and scan it into the PC so I can provide copies for 20 dollars each????????

Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklemeist
on my 05 40' fdts, how do you reset to zero the average mpg, trip meter etc?
Thanks!
Mike
Push and hold the right button until it zero's out
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #4

I have tried every possible combination of pushing and holding the buttons to no avail. I read elsewhere that the average mpg can't be set to 0 but that it constantly updates after 50 miles. I just don't want to be looking at an average over the last 30K miles.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #5

I believe that the Avg Mpg is a lifetime average. I haven't been able to find a way to reset it either. I do know that since we bought our coach with 17000 miles on it, it started out with an average of 7.5 Mpg and gradually over the last 22000 miles it has increased to 8.0 Mpg. I don't know if that's an indication of a lighter foot, or just the engine breaking in. The Trip Mileage, both 1 and 2, can be reset to zero by pressing and holding the button on your right side (the "t" button) until it resets to zero. Other button combinations either 1) change the item being displayed (the "m" button), or 2) provide access to viewing engine parameters or limited programming functions. There is an Actia WRV Owner's Manual that has a limited description of these functions that may have come with your coach.
johnwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #6

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the input. Guess I'll just calculate my mileage over a long trip the old fashioned way--pen, paper and a calculator.
Mike
Old 05-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Ok, I will bring home the manual, and scan it, then upon request, I will e-mail it to you. EM, I will send you a copy unless you don't need it. There should be a way to have the vendor give us exclusive use of this product for our coaches. If I think to call them I will see if we can get that permission.