Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #1

2008 Alpine front slide adjustment

My front drivers side slide is not closing completely at the top front edge. It is showing about a 1/4 " gap between the sidewall and slide flange moulding. Information on making an adjustment for this condition would be appreciated.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #2

Don't know about yours, but I had an Alpenlite 5th wheel and there was a slideout regulator under the fridge that controlled the power to the slide motor. When I had a similar problem, I increased the power and the slide worked much better. I always thought the word Alpenlite was incorrect and should have been Alpenheavy.
ByeTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #3

There is no top adjustment. The only adjustments are on the bottom two rectangular tubes that the slide out extends on. There is a height adjustment and in&out adjustment nut.

When they are correctly adjusted the top touches the coach first and the bottom is about 1/2" out. As you hold the button retracted the bottom sucks in tight. You did not say if just happened or it has been that way awhile. Kind of sounds like the front and rear are not working the same.

HWH says to hold the extend button a few extra seconds when it is fully extended and the same when you retract fully to hold a few extra seconds. If don't hold the switch a few extra seconds, it could get out of out of adjustment front and rear. Maybe you could fully extend and retract a few times and see if that helps.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #4

Unless changed in later models, the aforementioned "adjustments" on the HWH hydralic arms change the slide at closure [might allow you to align the paint strips on the outside of the coach--for example]. As mentioned, you should allow the HWH to run an extra second after closure to load the cylinders to keep the slide closed during transit. If this doesnt result in total closure at the top, the slide may have gotten slightly out of position and is binding against the frame--usually a few miles of driving sorts all this out.

However, if the the slide is hitting the top of the frame or side, you can, as suggested, run the slide full out and back to equalize the cylinders. "Adjusting" the cylinder arms usually isnt needed--the cylinder arm length is set at the factory to accommodate the travel of the cylinders. Once set, the overall travel length should cover any minor changes in slide position.

The adjustment at the end of the arm [large set screw and locking nut] can be used to raise the final height of the slide in the closed postion, but more often than not, the slide has settled a bit over time and needs to be raised slightly.
Think I would veryify that the slide is clearing the coach wall frame on all 4 corners before doing any adjusting.....keep us posted.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies!!

I was replacing the slide out topper when I noticed this alignment deal. I did look at the adjustments and saw the extension out adjustment on the bottom slide rails. That's the only adjustment I saw so I thought I was missing something.. I did know about keeping the slide switch pushed for a few seconds after the room has extended or retracted.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #6

Maybe this is too obvious but also look for debris or loose gasket material on top of the slide that might be interferring with full closure....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Ours had a similar problem I fixed it by adjusting the forward slide stop. It was closeting so tight it was causing the top to tip out. So now the forward slide stops sooner and it fixed the issue.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #8

From the Tech Library

http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...%20Diagram.pdf
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #9

Better but!

Hey, thanks for all the info and the reference to the drawings for the adjustments. I found all the adjustments and had some time to make some adjustments today. I turned everyone and made some progress but it is not as good as I would like it. I will try again later.I ran the slide in and out so many times I was worried that I would create another problem! Anyway thanks to all who replied I think I will be able to get the results if I keep at it.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
slide