Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #1

We are looking at trading our 41' Newmar and going smaller. We looked at a 34' Alpine the other day. Anyone have one that came coment on them. Storage ect. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #2

We are looking at trading our 41' Newmar and going smaller. We looked at a 34' Alpine the other day. Anyone have one that came coment on them. Storage ect. Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
We have a 2003 34 FDDS and it has adequate storage for us. We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 elementary age children). One of the main reasons we opted for this coach was because of the large storage tanks since 99% of the camping we do is dry camping. The CCC was also much higher then any other coach we looked at, which was good since we usually tow a boat or enclosed trailer as well. IF you have any other questions PM me and I would be happy to chat with you.

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #4

We have a 2001 and I really like the size. We can usually park anywhere. Storage is adequate. Guess we all just have to figure out what we really need to take. My problem is that I am involved in quite a few motor sports and carry quite a few spares and tools. As work2play noted, the liquid carrying capacities of these coaches is quite nice. With the 34 (really 35), we have been able to get into the state parks, where some folk we know with 40s are not able to go. We take our MH off road quite a bit and you do have to be careful, because the front end of Alpines has to be one of the lowest around. Also, the step hangs below the body and I have had to replace a couple of times. All in all, I really like the motorhome. We have owned it for almost four years.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:02 AM   #5

Karl, We have a 2005 34'FDDS motorhome. We purchased it new 3 years ago and really enjoy. Not knowing exactly what you are looking for why don't you send a PM with some questions or thoughts and I will attempt to give you some answers. We had specific reasons to purchase this coach and it has lived up to all of them except we might have been able to use more basement space. We don't feel the lack of that justified going to a 36'. It is just my wife and I so the 34' is perfect for the two of us. Send me a letter and we can discuss whatever you are curious about.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote