Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #1

Picked up my new 2004 34' FDDS (dealer leftover model) and drove it home 1200 miles.

Everything works great and I am very pleased with the WRV staff. Janette, Izzy, Mike and Mark were great. I was there one day.

But, as pointed out to me by EgrMike (who I met along with several other great people), I bought a coach that was PDI'd by the dealer, shaken down for over year (not all systems though, just driven around to shows)and shipped back to the factory for another PDI. Draw your own conclusions on my circumstances.

The way I see it, any coach of this caliber is an abundantly complicated integration of myriad products (toys in toys). "Toyota-level" product quality in this relatively low production industry (moreso with Alpine) is not happening, notwithstanding our expectations and not to minimize anyone's specific complaints or issues.

It seems it all get sorted out over time and "the lingering memory is the result, not the process".

All I can say is I'm a happy customer and I love this coach. I expect things may go wrong and I'm prepared to maintain and enjoy it, like I did my last coach; only this one delivers exponential enjoyment.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #2

Picked up my new 2004 34' FDDS (dealer leftover model) and drove it home 1200 miles.

Everything works great and I am very pleased with the WRV staff. Janette, Izzy, Mike and Mark were great. I was there one day.

But, as pointed out to me by EgrMike (who I met along with several other great people), I bought a coach that was PDI'd by the dealer, shaken down for over year (not all systems though, just driven around to shows)and shipped back to the factory for another PDI. Draw your own conclusions on my circumstances.

The way I see it, any coach of this caliber is an abundantly complicated integration of myriad products (toys in toys). "Toyota-level" product quality in this relatively low production industry (moreso with Alpine) is not happening, notwithstanding our expectations and not to minimize anyone's specific complaints or issues.

It seems it all get sorted out over time and "the lingering memory is the result, not the process".

All I can say is I'm a happy customer and I love this coach. I expect things may go wrong and I'm prepared to maintain and enjoy it, like I did my last coach; only this one delivers exponential enjoyment.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #3

Tom & Mary Jo, Congratulations with your new coach. Hope you really enjoy it without to many issues. We have a 2005 34' and although we have had some problems. knock on wood, at the moment absolutely everything is working perfectly. I even feel confident enough to say that. They certainly do perform and handle well. Congratulations,again. Keep us posted as you time goes on. We are on the East coast so if you ever get over this way look us up.

Ted & Carol
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:48 AM   #4

Jim&MaryJo, The best feeling you can have is when everything works in a new unit, congratulations on getting your new coach.....Enjoy! Ed.S
Old 09-29-2005, 06:47 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Congratulations Jim & MaryJo:

We are happy to hear that you are the proud owners of a new Alpine. We hope to see you at one of are Alpine Rallies, either with ACA or Alpine So Cal.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #6

Jim:

Enjoy your trip to Zion...... we will get together upon your return. If you haven't been to Zion before, you will love it, and if you have time get over to Bryce, another great spot for RVing. At Zion we stayed in two camps, one just inside the main gate that isn't too bad, but totally enjoyed Zion River RV Park that is just a couple of miles before the entrance.

Take Care,

Walt

......... our post on the AV system must have buzzed an ear up in Washington. This morning I get a call out of the blue from a guy at WRV offering help. Since I have never talked to anyone up there, I was pretty impressed that WRV took the time to follow up with an offer of assistance.

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote