Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #29

Azpete, sounds like you're very familiar with the Onan QD 7500 DG set.
do you happen to know if the belt can be replaced (1000 hrs on set, 10 yrs old, routine maintenance) on an Alpine with the slide out tray in the front w/o lifting genset out and onto grd to get the panels off?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #30

Just helped with belt replacement in Quartzsite--newer Onan 7500 had slots on bottom of back cover panel so remove back panel by removing bolts on top and sides and loosen bolts on bottom. Seems replacing the belt on my 03 Onan was more of a challenge--reason: the genset sets deeper in the slide frame of the older hydraulic genset slide vs the newer electric-powered slides. Because it sets lower in the hydraulic slide frame, the lower panel bolts are hard to reach/remove. Think I removed top and side bolts from back panel and was able to bend back cover enough to reach pulley [remove top cover too].
PS--no tightener on the belt -- must remove the 4 bolts in the top pulley and remove pulley from water pump shaft....

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #31

Thank you sir. Was able to get front end up on blocks yesterday to "explore" further. With electric motor / worm screw configuration, one can run the genset tray a long way out (never did it before while just refueling), adequately clearing the aft end of the set for access to all panels. On to another maintenance project.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Not really on topic but - I serviced my Onan this weekend. Air filter is easy, oil drain is easy, but the oil filter not so easy and the fuel filter is terrible. Who at Alpine thought it was a good idea to install a cross member and exhaust support directly under the access panel for the filters? And is there a hidden fuel shut-off I don't know about? It is really unpleasant when diesel fuel runs down your arm and into your armpit.
Jeeper64060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinmartin View Post
my inverter/controller computer in the gen was bad, i have replaced it with a new unit, my question is , is their anyone that can rebuild the old one,,,,???
Check with a company called Flight Systems. They have a lot of Onan OEM logic boards available as remanned but not all are supported.

Here is a link to their site.
https://www.flightsystems.com/

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
like old scout says do the simple things first. i had the same problem with my 7500. spec H. it had 6200 hours on it.
i found one glo plug wasnt working. i dropped the gen out, replaced the glo plugs, belt, air filter, and fuel filter. hooked it up outside the coach, and it ran like a champ.
the glo plug number is NGK0453
air filter NAPA 9697
the fuel filter is NAPA 1064
the belt number is kubota 15881-97010
onan 511-0187
can be cross referenced by napa to 294SS-43 44 45
this belt was the hardest to find.
A NAPA 1064 is an oil filter. Fuel filter is a NAPA 3063
Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #35

Onan QD 7500 filter service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper64060 View Post
Not really on topic but - I serviced my Onan this weekend. Air filter is easy, oil drain is easy, but the oil filter not so easy and the fuel filter is terrible. Who at Alpine thought it was a good idea to install a cross member and exhaust support directly under the access panel for the filters? And is there a hidden fuel shut-off I don't know about? It is really unpleasant when diesel fuel runs down your arm and into your armpit.
You may wish to consider removing the exhaust pipe support to enable good access. The pipe is supported by a typical exhaust pipe hanger; the support arm is easily removed by removing the 4 1/4" bolts on the fore and aft channel that the support arm is welded to. about 5 min to remove, 10 min to install. As to the fuel filter, recommend clamping the soft portion of the fuel lines with Irvin welding vise grips (flat pads at jaw ends vs teeth) to minimize fuel spills coming directly from the fuel tank. Then only the fuel in the filter leaks out when the fittings are loosened.

Tags
diesel, onan