We bought our used coach this past June, just in time for the hot Phoenix summer. Needless to say we only stay @ parks w/ 50A during that time of year.
While getting to know the coach, we finally decided that due to the performance of the front air (15 degree in/out temp difference) that we would replace it.
We were at an Outdooor Resorts in Indio during the middle of the summer (remember being from Phx we only call it "slightly warm" at that time) and under the cover of darkness (cooler) we replaced the front roof air. We were 2 of the only 8 coaches present in the whole resort at the time!
(That's me on the ladder in the background)
Well, turns out while removing the A/C drain kit from original A/C unit they pretty much broke into a 1/2 dozen pieces. So we installed the unit without the drain cups (we needed another A/C gasket to do it right anyway).
Back at home I attempted to source the drain cups, but without spending $40/each, it wasn't gonna happen (super glue didn't work either). So off to the hardware store.
I ended up fabbing my own using 4" PVC pipe end caps. The cap has a pretty square profile, i.e. |__| Some have a very rounded end face, which caused clearance issues, plus the water exit is on the side.
Here's the original drain cups:
This is what I ended up with:
I had to cut the height of the cap down, but it's just PVC, so that was easy. I re-used the hoses and misc connectors. I used small angle brackets to fasten the new cup to the bottom of the A/C unit, using SS screws due to the water in the cups. After fixing a kink in the front hose that I found in the holding tank compartment, they have been working great!
The new A/C was really worth it while spending 2 weekends @ Lake Mohave in July and August almost freezing ourselves out of the coach!