Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #29

It is sad to see that after nearly 8 years of essentially the same design, many of the problems we experienced in our 1999 still exist in new models coming down the road. We no longer have the coach. Our overall experience was the chassis was fantastic, never a problem. The house part left lots of room for improvement. At the time we sold it, the coach really needed to go in for a "phase" (aviation-term), all panels open inspection and repair as necessary. This despite taking excellent care and storing indoors. But we did use it and love the Alpine, all 62,000 miles of it.

Unfortunately, it is now cost prohibitive for me to own another. Not complaining, just fact. But with the nearly double cost, I would have expected the quality improvements to have been implemented in the last 8 years.

Happy travels. I wave to all the Alpines.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #30

Thanks for your comments
Andy
Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #31

Andy: Owner of "Avalanche of Problems".... We were owners of an 05 Avalanche. In Dec we traded to a Holiday Rambler Endeavor. The problems were mounting, finding someone to do authorized work was like flying on a wing and a pray. Realizing that we would have to pay up front then be re-embursed by WRV after they reduced the items to be re-paid. It was a cost to get out of our Avalance 400 but one we felt we had to make. After two years we deceided we wanted to continue this life stye, we had to make a change. We can honestly say, that the last 6 months have been truly delightful. We've had some minor problems, that were taking care of by a simple phone call. I have had several people ask why we made the change. My only response was "peace of mind and security of travel on the road". If problems come now, I know that help will come and be resovled. As they have been. I wish you and all Alpine owners the best. We met some of the greatest people ever, and still keep in touch with many.
Safe Travel, and great winds.

Endeavor 40" PDQ
Gypsies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #32

Thanks for your input.
Good luck with your new Coach.
Andy
Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #33

I think the comment by Gypsies2, dated 6/14/07 says it all. "Peace of mind & security of travel on the road". That sure does say an awful lot as we get older and not quite so quick & nimble as we once were. I must say that the statement above is something my wife and I must keep in mind as each day goes by. I think all of us are trying to get the most out of our buck and we do not want to be spending our time waiting for parts and service, or both. This life we get is quite short. I certainly have my priorities where I would like to be spending them.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote