Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 AM   #1

Noticed a water drip yesterday outside at the forward corner of the driver side rear wheel opening. Can't see the cause. On my coach this area is below the bathroom sink and shower. I just had the shower faucet replaced, which makes me wonder.... It's a pretty fast drip. Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 AM   #2

Noticed a water drip yesterday outside at the forward corner of the driver side rear wheel opening. Can't see the cause. On my coach this area is below the bathroom sink and shower. I just had the shower faucet replaced, which makes me wonder.... It's a pretty fast drip. Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Rick,

Just a guess, but are you running the A/C? Could it be the condensation drain?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #4

Hi Tom- No, it's a beautiful 70 degrees here. No AC necessary.

Nice to here from you
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #5

If it goes away it was probably condensation left in the line in the ceiling that drips out when the coach attitude is just right.
If it continues, I'd get the shower vavle connections checked. IIRC, those are plastic which can be over-torqued so as to fail later.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 AM   #6

Hi Mike- I'm hoping your thought is correct, because after a full day of dripping it mysteriously stopped, just like the inside chirping. It must be my lucky day, or that bird took his water bowl with him. I was not looking forward to tearing into the wall with the shower plumbing.

Thanks, Rick
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #7

Mike- Thought further about your comment and it leads me to question what route any leftover condensation might take to come out where it did. There is no drain hose at that location. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #8

If there is no exit tube there, I'd say that isn't a likely source. When I had my AC's apart to resolve noise issues, I noted the clear plastic drain tube had enough of a low spot that it stands water in the tube. Thought that maybe your contents had shifted & it was old condensate, but dripping for a full day sort of negates that.

Now that I look @ my coach (should be same as yours in this respect), the shower valve may or may not be involved. If it is, it would have to leak down the inside wall, thru the floor somewhere, and either @ the floor or coach bottom travel backwards to exit by the wheel (i.e. shower valve is just aft of slide wall, and that's ~3 feet ahead of your described drip location). IIWY I'd pull the velcro'd cover off the utility bay and check around w/a flashlight for water in that compartment. Might be a leaking fitting in the water fill (might even be as simple as the hose washer @ the water fill; mine drips there if I'm hooked up over ~60 psi).