Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
I had used the IRV2 forums since early 2001 and signed up in late 2001. I found it to be a excellent source of helpful information about the coach I had then and in helping me do research before I bought my Alpine.

Back in early march 2002 after we bought our 2002, We were at the factory getting some warranty work done. There was a number of owners there getting work done, Gale Johnson, Bernie (who went online as Digitwiz) and others that I don't remember their names. While our coach's were in the shop we would get together and share ideas. We were finding it very helpful sharing ideas among our group. Some of the information shared was from others Bernie had talked to before we had gotten there, he had made a list. Knowing of the IRV2 Owners Corner and Bernie's knowledge of the online world I suggested to him that he might find out how to start a Alpine Owners section there. I in no way mean to imply that I was instrumental in starting this, I don't even know who actually did start if. When this was discussed with others there, some worried that it might just degrade into a place for people to air their gripes. I don't think that has happened and we all get much from the forum.

That said I have one request for all of us, including myself. When information that causes an emotional response in us, like when the manufacture of the coach we love is possibly having problems, or someone just posts a comment that we take offence to is posted, that we take a short break to really think out our response to the post. I know that we all love our coach's to one degree or another or we wouldn't own them and participate in this forum. If we are worried about the future of WRV, the value of our coach's etc. then if we post comments that make it sound like we know that WRV will fail then we are just scaring other owners and possible purchasers, just fulfilling our worries. I am in no way suggesting that any one censors their comments, just maybe reread them before we post them thinking of what help others will get from them.

it is a pleasure being able to be a part of this group of Alpine owners and this forum.

Dale Gerstel

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I had used the IRV2 forums since early 2001 and signed up in late 2001. I found it to be a excellent source of helpful information about the coach I had then and in helping me do research before I bought my Alpine.

Back in early march 2002 after we bought our 2002, We were at the factory getting some warranty work done. There was a number of owners there getting work done, Gale Johnson, Bernie (who went online as Digitwiz) and others that I don't remember their names. While our coach's were in the shop we would get together and share ideas. We were finding it very helpful sharing ideas among our group. Some of the information shared was from others Bernie had talked to before we had gotten there, he had made a list. Knowing of the IRV2 Owners Corner and Bernie's knowledge of the online world I suggested to him that he might find out how to start a Alpine Owners section there. I in no way mean to imply that I was instrumental in starting this, I don't even know who actually did start if. When this was discussed with others there, some worried that it might just degrade into a place for people to air their gripes. I don't think that has happened and we all get much from the forum.

That said I have one request for all of us, including myself. When information that causes an emotional response in us, like when the manufacture of the coach we love is possibly having problems, or someone just posts a comment that we take offence to is posted, that we take a short break to really think out our response to the post. I know that we all love our coach's to one degree or another or we wouldn't own them and participate in this forum. If we are worried about the future of WRV, the value of our coach's etc. then if we post comments that make it sound like we know that WRV will fail then we are just scaring other owners and possible purchasers, just fulfilling our worries. I am in no way suggesting that any one censors their comments, just maybe reread them before we post them thinking of what help others will get from them.

it is a pleasure being able to be a part of this group of Alpine owners and this forum.

Dale Gerstel

Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Agreed!

Dave & Connie In Minnesota!.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #4

Reasonableness?? What are we talking here? What about my rights as a fried out, testy grouch? Contain my raging ire??? What's this internet coming to anyway?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Dale - We think you are "right on" and agree with you whole heartedly. "Negativity" will just scare potential buyers away from WRV.

A quote from Rick Coleman <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(We) love our coach, shortcomings and all- and we have nothing to compare it to. We are having the time of our lives, and most importantly we have NEVER had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people as the Alpine owners! Welcoming, friendly, and especially helpful. We joked at last week's Las Vegas rally that all one had to do was bend over to look at something on your coach and you had a crowd come running over to see if you had a problem and offer concern and solutions.

My wife and I are so glad we had the "luck" to get involved with all of you Alpine owners.
We will get through all the current problems and be left with our great motorhomes and a fabulous group of friends.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We think this is so true. Inspite of all the problems, we love our coach! And the ACA group is great! By the way Dale, we missed you in Vegas last weekend!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hi "the Swans",

I happen to be in Seattle staying with family while my current coach is getting a few things fixed to make it perfect for its next owner. I moved from So. California a few years ago and didn't know that the SoCal group included Las Vegas until Gail told me. I plan on joining as soon as I can. I will probably end up missing the Hemet rally due to the delivery of my new SE, and hope to meet many of the ACA members at the Ballon rally.

Dale Gerstel
Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #7

Dale.......Thank you Nancy and I couldn't agree more with your well stated POST. Look forward to meeting you at a SoCal Rally.......great people, great times.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
hf

Solo Rvers Club
I dont think you have to worry about it being a gripe area I have noticed over the years that those that had the guts to tell it like it is have misteriusly dissapeared. 2004 36 MDDS. there is hope though I am 1500 miles into this trip and only one thing has broke so far.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Telling it like it is, is a good phrase. It has come to mean being critical, sometimes sarcastic, alway blunt. Telling it like it is however, really means talking about the good and the bad and doing both in such a way that those who are supposed to listen, do indeed listen. From reading the posts on this site it's clear that a number of people that bought '05's have had problem after problem. With hindsight, it's clear that WRV's financial problem's were starting to happen by this time. From what I read in these posts, there was a great deal of turnover at the factory. One fall-out of turnover is that new people do not get the training they need nor the inspection of their work to insure it was done right. Turnover means that customer service staff do not get the training or supervision they need to represent the company well. Things spiral down from there. Another by-product of being cash strapped is not paying the bills timely. So, dealers get tired of not getting paid for the warranty work and terminate their distribution relationship.

We know that Monomy Partners bought WRV with an eye to making money, they can not do that without addressing the issues of quality control, customer service and distribution network. The issues that need money to address also take time. Training for the assembler's and customer service folks does not happen in two or three months. Likewise, finding dealers that will chance selling Alpine's will take time (esp. if the management has talked with former dealers).

It's my opinion that owners that have had too many problems (Tedd III, Yancy, hf, for example) need to be contacted by WRV and their issues addressed until all the fixin' is done. There is nothing like a dissatisfied owner for chasing away new customers. These owners that have stayed with their Alpine's in spite of the problems need to be recognized for their loyality.

Jeff
'98 Alpine Coach FDS