Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
ABS Warning light, troubleshooting, and clearing the fault

About 1,200 miles into my trip to Wisconsin and back when the yellow ABS indicator lamp comes on. It's only a yellow warning, so I finish my trip, then go to the ACA tech library for help. There it is..the Meritor Wabco ABS manual. I found the switch needed to do the blink code diagnostics in the bottom right corner of the firewall, clearly labeled, by the passenger's right foot. The diagnostic sent me to the Driver's front wheel, where I found a broken wire. Repaired the wire and used the same switch to clear the fault code and the light went out as soon as I drove the required 4 MPH.

Many thanks to those who have put the time and effort into that tech library.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #2

Terry, I had a problem with the abs light and solved it by going to the battery compartment and in the fuse panel in the back there is a relay maybe 2 inches long and 1/2 inches square or so and it was just loose in the socket. if almost fell out in my hand and it goes to the abs system.. pull it out, squeeze the contacts some to make them fit back into the socket tighter.. haven't had a problem since and others owners did the same thing. may do it or may not. good luck.
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Melorene,
Thanks for the info on how you cured your ABS light problem in the battery box panel. Just a loose relay that's good to know.

However, since there are a lot of different systems out there in the Alpine world, it would be nice to know what year? model ?size? etc. you have. This info may only apply to your year. It may apply to earlier or later coaches than yours but it's a starting point. Knowing when WRV made changes is difficult. If you always put it in the with your signature line then we all know what year and model your talking about.

Dan R.
2004 FDTS40
Old 07-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #4

I have a 2008 34' limited.. I read or heard that others found the same thing but not sure what year or model they had..I would look anyway . Sure nice when everything works right.. good luck.
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #5

On my 06 Apex none of these suggestions work and I still have my yellow ABS light on and its been on for over 3 years. I have a friend who said he knew how to fix it and so he went to the spot to fix it and nothing was there to fix. I believe we are wired differently than most.
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #6

Lyle- we are all wired differently than most. We drive Alpine.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

How very true!!
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 AM   #8

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Talking

[quote=Lyle & Cath;528578]On my 06 Apex none of these suggestions work and I still have my yellow ABS light on and its been on for over 3 years. quote]
Hey Lyle, put a piece of black electrical tape over the light like people used to do on their VCR flashing lights.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #9

Sounds like a terrific idea Basil
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote