Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #1

ACA Desert Rat Rally in Quartzsite, AZ

Can anyone tell me the dates of the Quartzsite Desert Rat Rally? I have an
Alpine Coach, purchased in the last year & would like to attend the
rally.

Thanking you in advance,
Jim & Pat Sinsel
Baltimore, MD
James Sinsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #2

Jim- we don't have an official rally going on this Jan so far. Alpine SoCal is working on ginning one up. Stay tuned here on iRV2 for details as they fold.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Jim, for the first time in many years, there will be no formal rally in Quartzsite, but I have heard that some Alpiners will be parking together during the time of the RV show, which usually starts the 3rd weekend of January. The plan, as far as I know, is to park where ACA normally parks, off of Plomosa Rd, which is about 5 miles north of the AZ95/I-10 intersection in Quartzsite. Once you are on Plomosa (which only goes east off of 95), you go about 3 miles and look for the Alpines on your left, then turn in at the next "drive". Mind you, it is only dirt roads off of AZ95 through this area.

I agree with EMike above, keep an eye here for more info, as I'm sure you will see something that will give you a better idea of timing.

If you are in the area earlier, I am organizing a caravan into the FMCA Western Area rally in Indio on January 7. There will be between 20 and 30 Alpine coaches that will participate in our caravan so we can all park together and socialize. Just respond here if you think you'd like to join us, and I'll get specific info to you. Many people attend this rally and then go on to Quartzsite as there is usually only 4 or 5 days between the two rallies.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Langord
Smile Quartzsite Gathering

Attention all Alpiners!

QUARTZSITE GATHERING: IN: January 20 - OUT: January 25, 2014

As you now know, even though there will not be an ACA Desert Rat Rally in Quartzsite in 2014, we want all Alpine owners to know that there will be a gathering of Alpines to “Get Together In Our Spot”. Immediately following the ACA Balloon Festival in Lake Havasu City, you are invited to join your Alpine friends in Quartzsite. The “Get Together In Our Spot” gathering will be from January 20th to Saturday, January 25th on Plomosa Road. Travel 5.7miles north on highway 95, going east on Plomosa Road 2 ˝ miles. Site is on left side of Plomosa.

There is no fee for this Get Together. You are asked to bring yourselves, makings for one of our famous Alpine Pot Luck Dinners, and your own unique brand of hospitality. A No-Host Happy Hour will begin at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, Jan 21st. Our Potluck Dinner will follow at 5:00 pm. We will combine the resources kept stored in our RVs to make sure that there are chairs and tables, an Easy-Up Canopy or two, and a sense of sharing that is so common among our Alpine members.

Our very own Mike Fleming, (Engineer Mike), along with Keith Shoemaker of Redlands Truck and RV, are putting together a Gear Head session that you won’t want to miss. The Gearhead Session will be held at 9:00 a.m. on January 22nd.

If there are any volunteers out there, it would be nice to schedule a Jeep Run one day, and/or a golf outing either in Parker or Havasu. If interested in organizing either of these two events, please let me know ASAP. I’ll help get it scheduled and get the word out.

More details will be forthcoming. Do plan to join us! This is a one-of-a-kind non-sponsored, non-hosted spot rally!

Let’s “Get Together In Our Spot”, January 20 – January 25th, 2014 in Quartzsite!

Please respond via email if you think you will be joining us.
Mary Langord
Langord@mac.com
2006 Alpine MDTS #75546
FMCA/ACA/SoCAL/NoWACA
Langord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

Thanks to all who attended & all who conspired to make the first ever Desert Rat Non-Rally Rally a big success. We had 45 coaches which makes it the biggest non-rally rally Alpiners have ever seen. Fabulous pot luck dinner. Had a great gear head session with support from Redlands Truck & RV (an iRV2.com sponsor), Koni shocks rep, K&N filters rep, and HWH rep Paul Maddox, all of whom gave great informative presentations. Plenty of coaches got repaired & upgraded and nobody had to call an ambulance.

Special thanks to Mary Langord & others who sent out plenty of emails to spread the word & Joe Darling who kicked some butt to get things going (un-officially of course since it wasn't really a rally, just more like a "happening"). Next year we're talking about everyone bringing long fire wood pieces, & we'll make a really big rat, then on the last day we'll set it on fire. We'll call it Burning Rat. Whadaya think?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #6

Just missed this one...Who do I send an Email address to,..to get notified?
Jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #7

Well, answered my own question...kind of obvious. Now I cannot find any way to edit my post.

EDIT: Well, the post made with IE have an Edit button. The post made with GoogleChrome, do not have that button. Hopefully the moderator will delete both of these post (it sure is okay with me).
Jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Thanks to all who attended & all who conspired to make the first ever Desert Rat Non-Rally Rally a big success. We had 45 coaches which makes it the biggest non-rally rally Alpiners have ever seen. Fabulous pot luck dinner. Had a great gear head session with support from Redlands Truck & RV (an iRV2.com sponsor), Koni shocks rep, K&N filters rep, and HWH rep Paul Maddox, all of whom gave great informative presentations. Plenty of coaches got repaired & upgraded and nobody had to call an ambulance.

Special thanks to Mary Langord & others who sent out plenty of emails to spread the word & Joe Darling who kicked some butt to get things going (un-officially of course since it wasn't really a rally, just more like a "happening"). Next year we're talking about everyone bringing long fire wood pieces, & we'll make a really big rat, then on the last day we'll set it on fire. We'll call it Burning Rat. Whadaya think?
1 Vote for Burning Rat next year!
A great time was had by all! Good Folks! Good Fun!
2005 Alpine 38FDTS, #75373
www.UrbanEscapeVehicle.com
Hobdendw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,
Great idea...lets the word out and work with Tom C. and make this happen.
Joe
jdarling10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite, rally