Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Accelerator fuel pedal dead, & voltage issues.

The accelerator pedal does not respond. Engine running, press the pedal, no increase or change in RPMs. Pedal moves, but nothing responds. The connector at the pedal has 6 wires. Where do they go, any fuses in line, or other sensors.
Great place to be, just starting to head south, stuck in a truck stop, and a weekend with no services.
Side note, I am doing well to keep by chassis batts at 12v. Alt doesn't seem to charge them, when idling. Ran gen 4 hrs, no increase in voltage on chassis side, sounds like a bad batt separator, (sure power 1315-200). Our transmission has a L-70 fault, probably lo volt. SO I bought new chassis batts, and none of these problems improved. Oh, did I mention Silverleaf and Xantrex.
If I had the fuel pedal and tranny, I think I could limp into Yakima, Cummins or Smith Auto Elec.

Alpine Coach, 2007 Apex MDT
Ed & Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
Alpine Owners Club
Ed and Diane,

That sounds awful and I don't know the exact cause. But, for all Alpine electrical problems, I've heard that turning off both battery master switches for approx. 30 seconds, then back on, will cure many electrical problems. With the engine off, turn off both battery switches, then back on, then restart the engine and see if anything has improved. It is an easy enough thing to try and doesn't cost anything.

Good Luck!

Mike and Mike (Michele)

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Problem solved, thank you. Negative wire to wrong post. I should not wire batteries after dark. Another for good measure.
Alpine Coach, 2007 Apex MDT
Ed & Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
Alpine Owners Club
Another thing to like about the Alpine. WRV chose smart components. The coach would not let you proceed until you fixed the issue it didn't particularly care for. I like that.
Janet and Todd Legg
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
Good thing I didn't offer any technical advice. It wouldn't have been that.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #7

I guess our first question should always be "and what did you do before it stopped working?"

John and Mary Knight
2015 Ventana 4311, 2015 Cadillac SRX
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote