Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Alpine Owners Club
Actia Gauge Cluster

On the 2005 Alpines there are two warning light clusters on the bottom right of the instrument panel. The lower cluster has an air line attached on the back. I have an air leak in this cluster but it is not at the air line connection.The air is leaking from one of the electrical connection. I have contacted Actia and waited two weeks for a response which was:

"We Unfortunately cannot sell this part to you. We only sell this item as a mass quantity. We donít sell these individually."

The Actia part number is 104618-C.

Can anyone help with a supplier?

John Neff
2005 34' Alpine
Anthem, AZ
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
that's a pretty weird response. IIWMI'd try a careful epoxy job on the leak. There is a pressure sensor inside the assembly, sounds like it has a crack in it. I doubt the external epoxy would seal the leak (it'd probably pop up somewhere else), but its worth a try.
Otherwise ask what a "mass quantity" is and what that costs, and also ask if they "are from France" (the Coneheads used that terminology IC).

Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Goggle BBAreman or go to EBAY for BBAREMAN Clusters rebuilt $138.80 , free shipping
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #4
Alpine Owners Club
John, I have a similar problem, however I think it is internally getting hung up, when I hear the leak I shutdown the engine and bleed of the pressure, then restart the engine. Thus far I have been able to restart without the leak. I realize I am running on thin ice, but as cold as it has been here on the east side of the Rockies, I don't expect that ice to fail......... at least for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
2005 38' FDTS Alpine Limited, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Cape Cod, MA
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
A temporary fix is to remove the airline and plug it up. Then unplug the module that the airline was attached to. That will turn the buzzer off but it will also disable the warning lights in that assembly.

2005, 34 Alpine
Ken T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #6
Alpine Owners Club
After several phone calls to Actia, they gave me a return authorization and said they would try to repair the unit. Three days later they had repaired the unit at a cost of $300. Installed it today and have no air leak.
John Neff
2005 34' Alpine
Anthem, AZ
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #7
Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations John, After numerous calls, emails. etc with Actia (Patrick Yuen) they have pretty left me hanging high and dry. The audio (buzzer, beeps ...) of my speedometer has died. As a result I have no audible warning of Jacks Down, Low Air, Open Generator Slide, Turn Signals,... All the visual indicators work both on the displays. Apparently there is a small speaker and/or audio chip in the center-speedometer housing that has failed. Other than answering an initial call to determine the part number (103539) the only reply to calls and emails has been a short email saying they don't have any parts to fix it. Queries by voice message and email for info how to possibly replace the "mini-speaker" myself and /or get a replacement mounting ring or possibly even purchase a new one have been ignored. There are a few pre-2005 speedometers in salvage yards but no post '05s. I feel it is really irresponsible for a company to abandon users in less than 10 years for what is obviously a safety issue.
So pamper your Actia speedometers while they still work.
Matt & Lorraine Moniz
'05-36MDDS Alpine / '14 Honda CRV
Sunnyvale, CA
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
My 2005 odometer display is so faint and the digits are broken and has blank spots, it is almost a guessing game to read the mileage or the trip meter. I am not even sure what other choices i may have that should be displayed. I was hoping there would be some support to repair or replace the digits.

2005 Alpine 40 FDQS, 2011 Chevy Equniox, Ready Brute Elite Towbar, Ralph & Debbie with Sassie & Shelby
ralph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
Actia Speedo 103539

I have the same fading LCD display and can not read it anymore. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement speedometer ?

JimMinton is offline   Reply With Quote