Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-22-2004, 04:43 PM   #1

04 & 05 models have Actia gauges, can't find any info in owners package on operation. Is it possible to reset MPG? What are other functions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2004, 04:43 PM   #2

04 & 05 models have Actia gauges, can't find any info in owners package on operation. Is it possible to reset MPG? What are other functions?

Old 12-23-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
hf

Solo Rvers Club
"reset" MPG where are you seeing any MPG I have 04 and dont know anything about being able to see MPG tell me how to do it.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:25 PM   #4

Hi Hf
I thought 04s had Actia Gauges, Gauge does indicate MPG instantaneous and overall. Larry
Old 05-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #5

Hi all. I am the service manager at actia. Can you tell me what type of chassis you are dealing with. I might be able to assist you with this issue.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #6

To Actia
Chassis is Peak manufactured by Western Recreation vihicles (WRV) thanks Larry
Old 05-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
alpinerver,
If you go to the Workhorse Chassis Motor Club Forum you can download the Actia service manual. It will give you information for testing an reseting features. The forum is just below this forum. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
ACTIA, service manager, welcome to irv2, with all the problems with the IP we can welcome any input you can provide.
I have a 03 WH chassis an haven't had the problems with the IP that alot on irv2 have been experienceing. I have recieved the recall notice an I did the test on my IP an it pass the test.
I'am reluctant to bring it to a dealer where as I have not had any problems.

When I contacted ACTIA last Jan I mentioned to them that to many IP's were failing an I thought it mite be a wiring problem.
When I got my MH back in 03 I took a trip to N.S.& P.E.I. an I had some problems with the fuel gage going to zero with alarm, when I returned home I checked all gnd wiring posts an connections to frame for gnd's. Found loose an dirty connections. Remade an cleaned an protected have not had any problems since. I also had some loose batt connections.
Some people have said ACTIA had a bad run of processors, who's to say what is wrong at this point,all I know is I have a working IP.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #9

HEY "007". I AM GLAD TO ASSIST IN ANY WAY. A LOT OF TIMES JUST SIMPLE EDUCATION OF HOW THE PRODUCT WORKS SOLVES A LOT OF ISSUES. I WILL TRY TO MONITOR THE DISCUSSION ON THIS SITE AND ASSIST WHERE POSSIBLE...

Old 05-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #10

I would really like to have an operators manual that applies to the Actia gauge in my 2005 Alpine Coach, Peak chassis. Last year WRV provided me with a little help for the Actia gauge but that did very little for me. On this forum I read where an employee (ACTIA) from Actia came aboard and offered help obtaining information on the gauge if he knew what chassis it was for. Well, that was provided and I've yet to see what "ACTIA" has done to offer help. "007" came aboard and provided information that leads you to the Workhorse Chassis Forum and a link to the manual for an Actia gauge. I went there and the manual does not apply to a Peak chassis so I'm right back where I was last June. Nowhere!
Since WRV will not provide a manual for the gauge they install in the coach I'm wondering if "Actia" could.
Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Chet Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #11

I'd love to have that manual also
Mine is a 2005 40MDTS
Mike Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #12

Mike and Char,
As you can see my last post on this subject was 20 May and I've yet to receive any info.
I gave up. Good luck with figuring it out on you own. A simple manual would help.
Chet

'05 40' FDTS
Old 09-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #13

Chet, try calling Mike Young at Cummins Northwest in Yakima. He seemed to know the gauge quite well last February when he reprogrammed the 2 stage Jake on my coach. He showed me how to adjust the idle speed and a couple of other things that I have forgotten. The 2 reset buttons are the key. My unit has a Silverleaf Monitor so I just ignore the Actia. By the way if your 2 stage Jake is on high in both switch positions Cummins can reprogram it in about 15 minutes.

Hope to see you at Buckhorn In October. I will be parked in the cheap seats until early November.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #14

Thanks for the info Wayne. We'll be at Buckhorn around the first week in October. No doubt will see you then...Chet

'05 40' FDTS