Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #1

Adjusting the Pos-A-Loc Mechanism

My door is starting to "click" a little when I release the locking mechanism to close the door after it's been open all the way. I assume the cable inside the door needs adjustment as per PTL Pos-a-loc Cable Adjustment. But, I hesitate to remove the panel from the front door, for fear of it not going back as it was. There are two screws at the bolt lock mechanism, and two screws in the handle mechanism, in addition to the screws holding in the panel. Are there any "gotchas" in removing the screws from the bolt lock and handle mechanisms? Has anyone done this? Any recommendations and experiences are appreciated.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry:

The assembly around the inside handle comes off easily and is easy to get back on, as is the bigger panel, though not needed. There is plenty of access room to work.

The only gotcha is the screws catching the vinyl when tightening them down and bunching up. I imagine some WD-40 would help, then wipe off.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #3

Our door has lost its locking position and swings free when open. It makes it easier to open and close but we want to be able to keep it open when we use just the screen closed. How do we determine whether we have the cable or cam type of pos a lock system so we can hopefully fix it. Thanks,
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #4

Look on top of the door for the lever and cam system shown in the PTL link above. Sometimes the cam gets stuck in the open position, or the cam is damaged and won't engage properly. I recently replaced mine and it wasn't too difficult. The cable connects from the cam to the door handle so you have both cam and cable.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:22 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
As a follow up, if you have the other type of open holding mechanism, you don't use the open pull to release like in the Pos a lock. It's a mechanical elbow with a spring built into the elbow on the top of the angle bracket, you then pull on the door to close it, not the handle.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #6

Forgive me if this is a little off topic. Driving down the road the other day it began to rain. (Imagine that living in the NW) Using my windshield wipers, I noticed the passenger side wiper was hitting hard against the bottom right side of the window molding, to the extent that it bent-up the bottom of the wiper blade. Anyone have a problem like this, and if so how did you fix it?
glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #7

Allan, how close is the wiper blade to the center line when stopped? If you have a gap you may be able to move the arm over a notch on the shaft spline. If you can move the arm by hand a few degrees then you just have wear in the bearings that will have to be replaced.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Diesel Equipment-Distributors of fuel injection products & repair services

Those folks supplied wipers to WRV, give them a call, they can help you figure out exactly what to do. Howver, put the slide out and look and see if any of the linkages are lose. Disconnect power to the electric motor first, the wiper motor can cut off a finger if it gets pinched in there.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #9

Thanks for the feedback. The wipers are pretty much centered at stop, although I might have a little to play with on the spline. If it ever quits raining I'll check the linkage.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier View Post
Forgive me if this is a little off topic.
Allan:

Feel free to start a new topic. Just use the "New Thread" button at the top, left of the main forum page.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #11

A pox upon me for my thread faux pas.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Worry not! I have diverted a thread or two myself. Likely to the irritation of many others. My only problem is that after I do it, I have a hard time finding my old posts, since they are on the wrong threads. Thank goodness for the advanced search functions.