Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
My DuoTherm thermostat has a specific setting to enable the AGS. I use the "Zone" button to go past the normal zones and then the AGS related settings appear.

bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
yes mine has that too. do i have to have the ags on the thermostat turn on and also the ags on the xantrex control turned on too? both on at the same time?

dennismhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Dennis,

I don't have your Inverter/Charger setup but my guess would be no. I only know that my thermostat started my generator for AC without turning on the AGS (as I recall). I only tested mine once. As I stated earlier, I've never had the AGS start the generator because of low battery voltage and most likely won't at this point (not really necessary).

If you're testing/verifying AGS functionality, my suggestion would be to turn on the Xantex "AGS" and the thermostat "AGS" in an attempt to test an auto start based upon AC demand. If that works, then try the same test but with the Xantrex "AGS" turned off. If it still auto starts, then you don't need both.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
sure will. if i turn off the ags on the xantrex and leave the one on in the ac thermostat will gen still start up if running on the inverter and the dc drops low enough?
dennismhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Your question is a little confusing to me. The AGS applies to 2 - separate situations assuming that those applications have been enabled. 1) The generator is started because of demand from the thermostat needing to run one or both of your heat pumps. 2) The generator is started because the house voltage level has reached your programmed trigger point (like 12.0 VDC) and needs charged. There is NO dependency (or shouldn't be) between these situations.

My AGS is a separate system and has NO interconnections directly to the Inverter/Charger. My original Freedom 458 Combi and my newer Freedom SW2012 operate independently of the AGS. The thermostat and the AGS control panel have their own required trigger connections to the AGS system box. Your Inverter/Charger &/or its Remote Control Panel should have its own required trigger connections.

I have no specific information or experience with your Inverter/Charger and its Remote Control Panel. Somewhere in your configuration should be an actual AGS System such as the mine. If it's integrated into your Inverter/Charger I'd be surprised. I would expect a separate AGS System box typically mounted in the cabinet next to the cabinet with your Remote Control Panel. If so, then your Remote Control Panel probably operates in a similar fashion as my AGS control panel and simply supports the required trigger connections to the AGS system. And, this would also lend credence to the probability that either the thermostat OR the Remote Control Panel can start the generator.

Hopefully, someone with your Inverter/Charger configuration will chime in here to help you. I'm concerned that I might be leading you a stray and not be as helpful as I'm intending.