Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdobbins1 View Post
When I use my air conditioners, I can hear the AC cycle on and off, but the fan never stops. Is this normal? I have the thermostat set to cool with fan on LOW.
As others have stated, "auto" will cycle the fans and the compressors. Personal preference, and no right or wrong, but I was a little surprised that so many folks run the fan continuously on low (or high). Something to keep in mind is that running the fan continuously requires that you must keep a close eye on your filters because you are moving much more air through them. Dirty filter(s) equal reduced air flow across the cooling coil which results in iced up coils.

Another consideration about running on high fan with mild heat loads is this... While it may cool the coach more quickly, it can result in higher internal humidity levels. Running on low fan, assuming it can handle the heat load, will result in lower, more comfortable humidity levels. Having a cooling coil cycle off too soon means that to A/C can no longer can wring out the moisture (condensation) leaving you with a cool but clammy feeling. This is a common problem when oversizing central air conditioning in homes. An oversized system cools too quickly before it has time to remove enough moisture. Humidity control is really the key to comfort cooling.

Apologies for now briefly sliding off topic… but our 2013 Winnebago has coleman rooftops that have to be the noisiest rooftops ever both inside and out! I feel sorry for our neighbors having to hear those loud units. I was on the roof yesterday and it appears to me that one cause is that the condensing fan is a very high speed small diameter fan which results in high noise levels, not to mention a very noisy compressor. The condensing fan should be a larger, slower fan which would reduce noise while still maintaining the same condensing air flow. A good reason to test drive in the summer

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I have been looking at a ad for a 40' alpine and said 1 a/c. After looking at brochure I see it for sure has 2. Sorry for the ignorance on my part. I do have questions about the aqua hot heating system...
cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemaker View Post
I do have questions about the aqua hot heating system...
Ok....shoot. Ready for questions. :-)
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Is this system like a old radiator system, blowing air across tubes heated by water, heated by diesel... Is it reliable... etc... Looked for diagram of system without luck...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Just found a site that explains pretty good. A/c, propane or diesel fueled system. with diagram of how it works.. Thanks again....
Old 03-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemaker View Post
Just found a site that explains pretty good. A/c, propane or diesel fueled system. with diagram of how it works.. Thanks again....
If you do a search here on Irv2 you will find that most people with the diesel fired aquahot say it is better than sliced bread, and that most will never own another coach without it.....it's that good.

:-)
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok, thank you for your info pasdad1..

Tags
air conditioner