Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #57
They look like these gizmos

Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #58

I got the information on the moly-rivets used by the dealer on my spoiler. They are made by Magna, called Magna-Tite, and they are called Structural Blind Rivets, aluminum/aluminum, and their part number is 054-503-0. They are 3/16", have a hole diameter of .205"-.221" required, and produce a grip diameter of .250" to .500", depending on how hard they forced to expand.

Here's the website from Tacoma Screw Products that show the rivets:

Tacoma Screw Products, Inc. :: Search

I don't know if they will sell less than 100 at a time, but when I go to their Tacoma store they're usually pretty good about breaking bulk items.

Hope that helps.

Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #59
Alpine Owners Club
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
The lights aren't really built in, but there are indents molded into the fiberglass for the clearance lights. Those indents do kind of limit you as to which lights will fit. I did find LED clearance lights that are identical in size, shape, and mounting screw holes to the original lights on the '04.

My spoiler came loose due to broken brackets, but I noticed it before it left the coach, so I had something to put back on.

Somebody in Alpine Socal mentioned having a new mold made to replace their lost spoiler, but unfortunately I can't remember who it was.
What was the source for the LED clearance lights you used on your spoiler? Several of the lights on mine are cracked and/or broken and need replacement.
Jaime & Dave (and our 3 cocker spaniels)
2005 Alpine Coach 36FDTS w/ 2009 Honda CR-V, Doran TPMS, Roadmaster Towbar, US Gear Braking
Dave and Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #60
Jamie & Dave.

The part number and source I found are posted on the first page of this thread, near the bottom.
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #61
J&D- that'd be in post #12 above.

JimA- you can set the # of posts per "page" that your browser assembles. I set mine to the max of 100, which makes this the only page I see in this thread (so far, as it appears to be an epidemic and will probably last a while).
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #62
Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
After following the posts on this topic for a while and a parking lot discussion at the NorCal Ferndale Rally I decided to break out the ladder and check my spoiler. We noticed that of the 4 or 5 coaches we checked there were three different mounting configurations. My 2006 spoiler is held by four brackets, one at each end and a double in the center.

I was able to get some movement of the spoiler with very little pressure which to me is not a good sign. I removed the outside two and center clearance lights and found that in addition to the two pop rivets one of the square drive light mounting screws goes into the bracket. I was able to snug up the square head screws a fraction of a rotation and take some movement out of the spoiler.

I noticed two things while doing this; 1) It only takes a little too much tightening to crack the plastic light fixtures 2) Those tiny light lens screw sure bounce a LONG WAYS when dropped from that height!

I also observed that WRV was not very generous with large washers on the fiberglass side of the rivets. I hesitate to mess with it further, but I intend to check it's integrity occasionally and if it get any looser (?) I will consider bolts and a shim on the fiberglass.

2011 Allegro Bus
being pushed by a
2015 Lincoln MKC
NorCal C&H is offline   Reply With Quote