Just received my new Fleetguard AF25549 air filter and will be installing it this weekend. From what I've read the following is the process to follow. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
First step - Order the correct filter--Anyone need a new Fleetguard AF25549?
1) Remove the old filter.
2) Clean out the air filter canister to remove ALL dust.
3) Verify that this new filter is the exact same size as the one I just removed including the size of the opening.
4) Verify that the old filter was properly sealed to the back of the air filter canister.
5) Put a little grease on the new filter's rubber seal.
6) Install new filter, tighten wing nut and put on canister cover and secure.
Two questions I have are...
What type of grease to use on seal and do I need to worry about any contaminants inside of the new filter before installing it?
Tom & Laurel
2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS