Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #1

Air hose behind dash

I recently had my dash out and when I put it back I noticed an air leak where a small hose connects to the guages. I got it repositioned so it's not leaking but what is it for and is there a permanent fix? Thanks.

Fulltimers
Kent and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #2

Don't know the age of your coach but on mine there are 2 hoses behind the gauges. They are from the front and rear air suspension and go to pressure switches which in turn are connected to 2 warning lamps that tell you when air pressure is low.
I recently replaced my pressure switches with air pressure gauges so I can really see what is going on.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #3

Kent,

The air hose supplies air pressure to the gauge that monitors air pressure and sets off the warning when air is below a set point.

Mine started leaking this summer from inside the gauge. I checked the cost of a new gauge, it was about $350. Since all the other functions on the gauge cluster worked I decided to add an analog gauge to monitor air pressure. I was able to trick the cluster into not setting off the alarm since it was no longer connected to air. I was able to get a nice gauge for about $30. I prefer to know actual air pressure anyhow so this works quite well for me.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #4

While working on my fuel gauge, the RV repair guy noticed air leaking from the back of the lower Actia warning light module on the dash gauge panel (the one for transmission Fault, Right turn, Service brake problem, Do Not Shift, Water in fuel, ABS malfunction, ATC). In my RV there are 2 pressure sensors on the back of this gauge but only one has an air hose attached.
Air seemed to be leaking somewhere inside the module, not where the tubing attached. After fiddling around with the tubing for awhile, he actually took apart the module and tightened some internal screws on one of the boards inside. This seems to have fixed the problem.

BTW, we had been noticing that hissing behind the instrument panel for the past 5 years but a mechanic told us it was something to do with the air-conditioner and was normal!
Snuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #5

Wayne- just curious, what pressure does the system run, & does your gauge fluctuate?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

The compressor kicks off at 130 PSI it drops to about 120 and then comes back up. Next time I drive I will pay more attention.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #7

That matches my readings at the air chuck tap by the rear tire. Might hit 135 at the top, but that could be differences in gauges. At those numbers you could air up a tire to 110+ and not take all day.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #8

Emike
I use a POWERTANK - CO2 Air Systems for that purpose. I have used the MH air for airing tires prior to getting the Power Tank.