Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #1

I wanted to get our coach's front end aligned in Redlands, CA, at Redlands Truck Service this winter but our radiator leak triaged us into going home for that fix instead of an alignment. Same issue kept us from getting it aligned at Henderson's in Grants Pass, OR. Bot facilities have been named by members of this forum as good places for an alignment.

Looking at our front Toyo's with 30,000 miles on them, it looks like they need alignment.

My question is whether any forum participants have a company they would recommend in Washington State or Northern Oregon for doing this work -- west side or east side-? I don't want to wait until next winter to get it aligned either on the way to or in Southern California, if I don't have to.

OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #2

I wanted to get our coach's front end aligned in Redlands, CA, at Redlands Truck Service this winter but our radiator leak triaged us into going home for that fix instead of an alignment. Same issue kept us from getting it aligned at Henderson's in Grants Pass, OR. Bot facilities have been named by members of this forum as good places for an alignment.

Looking at our front Toyo's with 30,000 miles on them, it looks like they need alignment.

My question is whether any forum participants have a company they would recommend in Washington State or Northern Oregon for doing this work -- west side or east side-? I don't want to wait until next winter to get it aligned either on the way to or in Southern California, if I don't have to.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #3

OldForester,
I was going to get mine aligned last year before heading to the Newport Rally but ran out of time due to other repairs too. I ended up in Spokane at the Goodyear dealer (sorry, dont remember the name, have the receipt in the coach if you need it) off Interstate 90 on the East side of town (very visible from the FWY) and they did a great job, got me out of there in no time and the coach was a dream to drive afterwards.
As they told me "rotate those tires!"
Not sure if your anywhere near Spokane, but they were good to me
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:42 AM   #4

Not sure how far South you want to go....

Kaiser Brake and Alignment, in Eugene,OR, has done my Alpine and previous rig. Excellent shop. They once did all of Country Coaches new vehicle alignments. CC and Monaco send customers there.

Ken
Old 06-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #5

I used Lee's Alignment in Chehalis for twenty years. It has been more than a few years and things might have changed but they always did good work and had latest equipment.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Old Forester -

We used Kaiser in Eugene to do our APEX after being told by WRV & Guaranty that they were the best in the western US. We were very pleased with the work they did in adjusting the caster and the camber and aligning it!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #7

Thanks for the info on the alignment shops. It's helpful and I'll look into Lee's or Kaiser. We used to use Lee's a lot for other vehicles but I didn't know if they did coaches. I'm glad that Kaiser was recommended by WRF and Guaranty; it gives us a backup.

At a minimum, we need to rotate the tires because of step-level type of wear on the outside and inside of each of the front tires. The tires are inflated to the max - 120 psi cold all the time, so it's not a pressure issue. I don't know if it's a normal wear for front tires on a coach (since it's both inside and outside) and just needs rotating, or if there's an alignment issue I'm not aware of.