Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1

Alpenlite 5ers

Where can a person find all the information wanted for Alpenlite fifth wheel units? I'm particularly interested in the floor plans of the various units the company built. Other information may be of interest as well, such as length, width, weights, tank sizes, ect....

Is there an Alpenlite owners' forum somewhere on the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I know of several Alpine owners that started out with Alpenlites...hopefully one of them will see this and be able to help you. Meanwhile, I've sent an email to one of them to see if they can help you.

Good luck!!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #3

You might try Uhlman RV in Chehalis, Wa..800-245-5378..they were the top sales for WRV of Alpenlite trailers..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #4

Tell what model or years you want to know about. I know who would help you but it would need to be on an email or priviate message.
Larry
Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #5

Thanks

Thanks to all for the early replies on this Holiday weekend.

Larry;
I don't know enough about Alpenlite to be capable of naming specific models or floor plans, at least not at this point. And that's where I'd like to start to build my knowledge base a bit while I continue learning before I take a leap. I do know that I would want to stay in the 27' to 30' length, and I like floor plans with a rear living area.
If you or your contact wish to pm me or email me, that is certainly welcome. Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
My friend got back to me, and she also suggested you contact Uhlmann RV...sounds like good advice to me, as it seems they could give you info on all of the floor plans.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Rowanova,

I Googled "Alpenlite fifth wheel floor plans", and among a bunch of other "hits", these came up: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...elBrochure.pdf

There are 10 floor plans on that 8 page brochure and listings of all the Standard and Optional features, water capacities, etc. The only thing I can't find is the Year Model!

Here's a page with 12 floorplans, along with the Model Year info:
: Models: RVGuideBook.com

Here is the factory 2004 20-page brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Here's the factory 2005 Alpenlite brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Factory 2006 Brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Cheers!

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW - We owned an alpenlite 5er before we purchased the Coach, in my opinion, they made the best 5’er for the money than any other brand. They should have stayed with them and only them. Now that is water under the bridge. I have brochures for I think model years 2002 through 07 maybe, let me know what years you want and I can make a copy of it and e-mail it to you.

Currently, I don't know any brand of 5th wheel I would recommend as across the board, they are cutting corners to keep costs down to a level people can afford. I can tell you to stay away from Keystone, as they don’t support the product well based on e-mail I get from other RV techs I receive. Warren Buffet purchased an RV maker as well, and that one is also a turkey brand, cannot remember what it’s called now, lots of problems which the dealers never want to fix. I would check Canadian brands as their workmanship seems to be better than ours.

Newmar makes an ok one at least they used too. See this link: http://newmarcorp.com/towable-products - as they say times are tough.

There is a 5th Wheel forum on IRV2 so you might get some information from those folks in that group, so we don’t choke up this one.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Mike View Post
Rowanova,

I Googled "Alpenlite fifth wheel floor plans", and among a bunch of other "hits", these came up: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...elBrochure.pdf

There are 10 floor plans on that 8 page brochure and listings of all the Standard and Optional features, water capacities, etc. The only thing I can't find is the Year Model!

Here's a page with 12 floorplans, along with the Model Year info:
: Models: RVGuideBook.com

Here is the factory 2004 20-page brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Here's the factory 2005 Alpenlite brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Factory 2006 Brochure: http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo...FifthWheel.pdf

Cheers!
That is great he will like this information and I will save it for helping others.
chevman
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #10

Appreciation

@ Mike and Mike:

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks a bunch. I will save these links so I can access them as needed for future references.

@ Old RV'er:

That is very gracious of you to offer to share such a find! As I don't have my mind set on anything at this point, I would welcome whatever you are willing to share with me. Just send me a pm and I will reply with my email address.

About the Keystone products, I agree with you. They aren't all of that. I've looked at a number of them, and know some one who owns one, and I'll pass on that company. And earlier this year Newmar discontinued making their 5er line. The used units are still very worthy products.

The one other brand of mid priced 5ers and TTs that seem solid and have good customer reviews and ratings is Arctic Fox by Northwood Mfg. They seem to be a quality product for a good value, and hokd their value reasonably well for the RV industry.

I'm aware of the fifth wheel forum here at irv2 but placed it here because of the Western RV connection. I hope I didn't annoy to many people.

Thanks again for all your helpfulness.

@ Larry:

Thanks again to Larry Barnhart for all of the helpful emails we shared. It is very much appreciated. And now you have even more information to share with the next rookie 5er shopper. (unless I get to reciprocate before you get there)
Old 05-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #11

Rowanova,

Having just sold our Alpine Coach, and now owning an Arctic Fox travel trailer, I would agree the Arctic Fox is one well built travel trailer, especially for their price point. They are simple but durable with good quality materials, and all the newer ones are 4-season travel trailers. Even the valves to the holding tanks are enclosed in the part of the trailer/tank area that is heated by the furnace. So far I've found they stay very cool when in the shade in the sun and very warm when heated by the furnace. I too looked at Alpenlites before buying the Alpine Coach, and thought they were a great 5th wheeler, and I have friends who own Alpenlites that say they are the best in their price point.

So I don't think you can go wrong with either an Alpenlite or an Arctic Fox if it's been well maintained and it's what you want.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #12

Contact Bob and Claudia Smith at alpenliteC@aol.com .. they were our Club Directors for many years and have a lot of information on Alpenlites . Here is an paragraph from the last news letter..
If you are selling your Alpenlite or looking for an Alpenlite, continue to e-mail us. We currently have someone looking for a 97 or older (LaCosta or Pinehurst), non slide, rear lounge. We also have a 2003 Augusta on our for sale list. E-mail us for details. A member just recently gave us a bundle of Alpenlite product brochures and since we continue to get requests for details on a specific model, these are most helpful. If you need an original brochure on an older product, check with us.
Mel