Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #1

I am currently looking to purchase a 2000 40'FDS with Gold Coast Decor. Has 7.5 Dsl gen,350 cummins, 4pt, auto levlers. Anyone have any problems with this model? I have heard that Alpine Coach is a very well built coach. This is our first MH going from 5th wheel. Anything in particular I should look for when checking it out?? Thanks in advance.
Derek
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #2

I am currently looking to purchase a 2000 40'FDS with Gold Coast Decor. Has 7.5 Dsl gen,350 cummins, 4pt, auto levlers. Anyone have any problems with this model? I have heard that Alpine Coach is a very well built coach. This is our first MH going from 5th wheel. Anything in particular I should look for when checking it out?? Thanks in advance.
Derek
Old 07-30-2005, 05:25 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Derek & Naughty Audi:

Sorry no one has answered you in your question about purchasing an Alpine 2000, 40 ft, Front Door. I have a 2001, 38 ft, and I think it is a GREAT Motorhome. I had some minor problems when we first purchased it, but WRV work with us and repaired all of them. Donna & I almost purchased a 2000 put we wanted a different color so we ordered a 2001, in the color we wanted.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:37 AM   #4

We have a 2004 38 ft front door. Ours has a 400 Cummings, wonder if you have driven it over hills with a 350.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #5

Hi Derk & Audi:

Welcome!

We recently purchased a 2000 36 FDS Limited a coach we had been searching for for about four years. Traded our 1998 32ft Southwind in on it and are very pleased with our find. The Southwind was puchased new and it was our first motorhome. I can't believe how well the Alpine drives and with only a 330 cummins seems to have all the power I need. As with any coach there is always something to fix, adjust, upgrade or replace and so far all these have been minor items. The good thing is that most if not all the BUGS have been taken care of. I.E. the former owner did a five year shake down cruise for us and service records back-up all that has been done.

As I'm sure you have, we looked at every similar coach for the past five years and narrowed our options to only two. One was a Country Coach the ofcourse the other was the Alpine.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Kori & Fred
2000 36 FDS Limited

2000 36' FDS Alpine Limited
Kori & Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:04 AM   #6

Cedar41, you mean you don't think the 350 would handle the hills? I think she should do nicely.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Derek & Naughty Audi:

I have the 350 Cummings and I tow a ¾ ton 4X4 GMC Suburban (6000#), and I may go a little slower up hill I make it to the top and can catch the 400's going down hill and can keep up with them on the flat lands. I have towed mine to WA state and to Branson, MO and we are now in Cheyenne WY have had no problems towing.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:44 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Kori and Fred,

We are sure you will enjoy your Alpine. This forum will be a great help to you. We know it is to us.
We purchased our 2000 36 FDS last year at the end of June. Our very first RV of any kind, and promptly headed off for St. Louis. One year later and 19K miles, only minor problems. Tighten this, loctite that.
Be sure to check out the Alpine Coach Assoc. http://www.wrv.com/html/alpine_assoc_sched.html and Alpine So Cal RV Club. http://www.alpinesocal.com/

Welcome.