Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #1

I found a dealer in Georgia that is closing out some 2006 holdovers as they are getting out of the business. They are offering them in the range of 30% off MSRP. I am not that familiar with the Alpine as I jsut dont see many of them. The model I am most interested in is a 36fdds and to look at it is a treat for the eyes. To drive it was a joy too. I have never felt so much power in a motorhome before plus it handled great too.

But my concerns are over the price and service. Is 30% enough? I see some dealers online listing larger units at 38% off. Next is service and warranty since they are not going to be there for service.

Anyone else in the southeast usa have any service/warranty stations that you like?

Thanks

Don

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #2

I found a dealer in Georgia that is closing out some 2006 holdovers as they are getting out of the business. They are offering them in the range of 30% off MSRP. I am not that familiar with the Alpine as I jsut dont see many of them. The model I am most interested in is a 36fdds and to look at it is a treat for the eyes. To drive it was a joy too. I have never felt so much power in a motorhome before plus it handled great too.

But my concerns are over the price and service. Is 30% enough? I see some dealers online listing larger units at 38% off. Next is service and warranty since they are not going to be there for service.

Anyone else in the southeast usa have any service/warranty stations that you like?

Thanks

Don

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #3

I investigated a Winnie from a dealer who was going out of business. Deal sounded real good. I called Winnebago, and they told me that since this dealer was de-listed from Winnie, they could not provide me a warranty for the coach.

So I would suggest you call your Manufacturer w/ the serial number for this coach to make sure it is still eligible for the warranty.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
The Dealer in Georgia is going out of business. The WRV Warranty will still stand on any new coaches. You don't see many because they are a small manufacturer - I believe they only built 200 last year. How many NEWELLs do you see? At @2million they are a custom coach. At 200 coaches - they are nearly custom!

We like to think the Alpine is for discriminating buyers. NOTHING drives like an Alpine! You could hardly beat 30% off.
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #5

I went to the WRV website and the dealer in question is listed as the only one near my for nearly 300 miles.

So I assume they are still a dealer for now anyway. I just worry about warranty going forward
Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #6

When I've been away from my selling dealer and needed service I called WRV Customer Service and they gave me a few service centers they work with that were in the area where I was located. I've never had a problem getting service this way. If you're located in/near the Atlanta area I believe the Cummins South dealer is a Coach Care facility now.

http://home.earthlink.net/~abclair
abclair77399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Jimmy Doyle, the dealer in Georgia, is going out of business in an "odd" way. He just took delivery of the first production coach with the new low-emission engine. He may well be "going out of business" for a long time.

Norm
Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #8

I was just there on Friday and did not see any new units. Maybe he just did not have it out for display.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #9

The new low emissions vehicle is there after all. It was parked up front behind a used coach and I did not notice it before. So for anyone that was interested in that particular low emissions vehicle, it is there. I saw it with my own eyes.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Hey rotts4U! Congratulations for even thinking about an Alpine.

RE: the dealership/service(?)... I just now read on the forum of a new dealership opening in Claremont, NC. Might be more than 300 miles, but that's but a long day's driving, for me, and maybe not for you.

Welcome to the Alpine world.

Jim Eddy Douglas, GA
Old 09-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #11

Don- We just picked up our second Alpine. We had a dealer in our area before we ordered our first, then not so we ordered thru an out of state dealer. Then there was a new dealer about an hour+ away; don't know if they are still a dealer but I never got anything serviced there. I find a good point of service in my area and take the coach there when needed, and the mfg'r stands behind the warranty. They have a good write-up in the owner's manual for our '08 about warranty process (I don't recall if that was in the earlier manual, but you could get a copy by contacting the factory by phone or email off their website).

One point of distinction with Alpine's that I don't think dealer's emphasize sufficiently is the 3 year warranty. Many other brands offer only a 1 year factory warranty, and you buy insurance w/deductables after that.
Another point (FWIW, i.e. a dealer that was in the process of selling me our 08 told me this, therefor the caveat) is that the dealer took our Alpine trade-in at full blue book, whereas he said "if your trade was a Country Coach we are only giving 85% of book."
Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #12

I am the New Alpine Dealer in Pa. not only will we service you. But just to let you know WRV is such a GREAT Company if you have a favorite Service Center you already use they will set them up to do your warranty work. Any questions please feel free to contact me at ron@keystonervcenter.com or call me on my cell 717-360-4627 Thanks Drive an ALPINE!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
We bought this coach from Jimmy Doyle and were very happy with the price and how he handled our deal. Being so far away we can't use him for service, but as mentioned in previous posts there are other options for service. If he had a coach to my liking I would be happy to do business with him again.

Dale

Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote