Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #1

We are full timers once again. We have had 5 motorhomes. We have owned our Alpine for one month and really do like it. We know from experience that you will have some things that just don't quite work like they should. We did a lot of research and felt Alpine was a great coach for the price.

We have had several things not work properly. We purchased the coach from Saddleback in Irvine, CA. The coach was made at the factory with our requirements.

We took possession of the coach in Arizona as we our South Dakotians. After several hours of going throug a walk through we left Irvine to drive to Arizona and take possession. We were able to catch some of the things but you get so involved with how everything works you forget to look for the things that aren't quite right. We have discovered that we are missing two shelves in the refrigerator door (Amana all electric), whoever installed the appliances bent the screen under the microwave and the stove top is bent. Anyway, we also have not been able to get the front TV work at all. It was on Power Save Mode and we can't get it off. We have not been able to get anyone to help us either from Saddleback or WRV. We keep calling and no one returns our calls.

Any Advice???
datibbitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #2

We are full timers once again. We have had 5 motorhomes. We have owned our Alpine for one month and really do like it. We know from experience that you will have some things that just don't quite work like they should. We did a lot of research and felt Alpine was a great coach for the price.

We have had several things not work properly. We purchased the coach from Saddleback in Irvine, CA. The coach was made at the factory with our requirements.

We took possession of the coach in Arizona as we our South Dakotians. After several hours of going throug a walk through we left Irvine to drive to Arizona and take possession. We were able to catch some of the things but you get so involved with how everything works you forget to look for the things that aren't quite right. We have discovered that we are missing two shelves in the refrigerator door (Amana all electric), whoever installed the appliances bent the screen under the microwave and the stove top is bent. Anyway, we also have not been able to get the front TV work at all. It was on Power Save Mode and we can't get it off. We have not been able to get anyone to help us either from Saddleback or WRV. We keep calling and no one returns our calls.

Any Advice???
Old 04-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
datibbitts CONGRATS all around to your new coach and coming to IRV2 for answers to your questions.
If they are not all out camping I'am sure your follow Alpiners will be with you asap. Enjoy the forums and especially the Alpine forum. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #4

First, let me know what type of tv system you have; I, too, have an 06 and have had several problems but need to know what you have before I might be able to assist you.
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #5

Datibbitts
If it is the Sharp LCD there is a power switch in the top right hand corner.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:27 AM   #6

WoW! If only we could get Saddleback and WRV to respond like you did. Thank you. We have an LG TV. Satellite won't lock on and we cannot get the TV to stay on long enough to get it out of Power Save Mode. Called Direct TV to sign up but we couldn't get either TV to go to channel 100 which is what they wanted.

Yesterday our step went in when we started the RV and now it won't come out. We have a blue wire hanging down near the step. Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:51 AM   #7

On LG remote, go to 'source' and be sure it is set on 'DVIPC'. Kenwood sound on Video 2. To start, I would hit 'reset' on Sat Rec behind door to card. On Sat remote, go to Menu, then to System Setup to Installation to Dish Setup to Select Dish Type to 'Round', ok. Now go to Guide on Remote. Now I assume you have a kindome. Press and hold on/search and let thing grind thru setup. If kingdome cannot find and you are in clear, call kingdome tech for assistance. I find that it can take several minutes for all of this things to happen. Good Luck. Gary
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 AM   #8

If there is an A/B switch to select between the roof dish and the aux dish, make sure it is set correctly. My '04 switch was miswired, keeping it from linking up with the satellite.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #9

We have the same problems with the TV. We paid a tech $60 in TX to come out after hours to get our TV working (LCD option on 06 models). He spend 2 1/2 hours and was ready to conclude it was defective, when by accident, he got it. It was 9 p.m. by that time (Friday), and I didn't have the heart to ask him to go over the steps slowly so I could write them down. We have so many other more serious problems that learning to use the tv can wait.

We also have a step that won't come out. Down at the repair shop, it came out after the person had already come out of the coach.

Our most serious problem is the hydraulic hoses with the slide malfunctioning. Hopefully, it is being repaired (all hoses replaced in a different position) as I write.

Beverly
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:49 AM   #10

Welcome,
If the step will not come out it most likely needs to be reset. This is done by disconecting all power to the coach..all power. Wait a few minutes and turn things back on and your step should work. Don't worry about the blue wire as it seems to have no function.

Lyle n Cathy
Apex #1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome datibbitts:

Sorry to hear about your TV & Step. I do not know about the TV but for the step I would also check the door switch which is located on the door frame, sometimes on my coach I have to move it so the switch will make a good contact and the step will work again. I have also had to use the rocker switch which allows the step to move in and out when the door is opened and closed. One of the two switches will get the step to work properly again at least that what I do to get it to work properly again.

I hope one of these suggestion will work for you.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #12

Re: Step. When they say all power that means the main chassis disconnect switch at battery compartment. Then count your 20 seconds and reactivate. That did it for me. My step moves very slowly, however (vs my 2000). My wife moves so fast that sometimes she about does a header when exiting!!! Obviously that is not a problem with me!