Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
I am having the front my coach painted due to some damage sustained when in the shop. Does anyone have any good idea for reproducing the "Alpine Coach" lettering on the front of the generator slide? I would imagine they used a stencil at the factory but now with the factory closed, how could I obtain such a thing? I guess I could leave it blank since it is an orphan now...

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I am having the front my coach painted due to some damage sustained when in the shop. Does anyone have any good idea for reproducing the "Alpine Coach" lettering on the front of the generator slide? I would imagine they used a stencil at the factory but now with the factory closed, how could I obtain such a thing? I guess I could leave it blank since it is an orphan now...

Moorpark, CA
Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #3

I may have one, will check in my coach when I get back to coach in Grand Junction w/new radiator. Larry
Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #4

You could make it a Country Coach
Old 05-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Engineer Mike has a good idea.

Since WRV has left all of us hanging, maybe we could all become Country Coach or some other brand and we could go to their factories and get our issues taken care of.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #6

I too, am looking for a front end decal. Buddy Gregg Motorhomes in Knoxville, TN may be able to help me if their source has the correct font to make on. If I score on this I will let the forum know. Meanwhile, if anyone can help me find one, I would appreciate it.
Chuck Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by work2play:
I am having the front my coach painted due to some damage sustained when in the shop. Does anyone have any good idea for reproducing the "Alpine Coach" lettering on the front of the generator slide? I would imagine they used a stencil at the factory but now with the factory closed, how could I obtain such a thing? I guess I could leave it blank since it is an orphan now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your icon looks like the Autumn Tan exterior color scheme used on the 2003's. If yes, do you have the paint codes and Brand name? I am urgently looking for these for my coach.
Chuck Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
hf

Solo Rvers Club
I'm curious work2play what is it costing to paint your front end? I am at this very time having mine painted 4 colors front only and cost is 1489.00 was wondering how that compared. by the way I told them to not do the lettering
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
I have the WRV "alpine coach" logo, but don't know how to show it here. It's a pdf file and I would be happy to share it with you. Send me aPM.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #10

hf
I just had the front painted on by 2001
only three colors. The shop had a machine that cut paint masks for the lettering. Used the original on the coach for sample. the lettering is painted and done before the clear coat, so the front is smooth, and after buffing you don't feel the edges of the colors or lettering. My cost was 1320.00 an then were done in about three weeks.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
My coach was dammaged while it was at the RV shop so they are painting it for free. Althogh they have already done it once and it did not come out to my standards so I am having them do it again. Originaly they tried to just touch up some of the colors, the second time they will paint all of the stripes this is why I need a new stencil.

Moorpark, CA
Old 05-17-2008, 06:08 AM   #12

Work2play,
I sent you a PM with the name and number of a guy who has a logo. Did you get it??