Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1

Exclamation Alpine coach owners - please help!!

My name is Gary Patterson, and i've been trying to repair a 2006 Alpine Limited that has suffered severe burn damage to the battery compartment. I have been working on this off and on for a few months now. I am having trouble identifying wiring due to not having a wire legend/schematic. My request is a very strange one, and compensation will be provided. I am looking for someone that would be willing to allow me to use their Alpine coach as a reference tool during this repair. I have determined that this will be the only way that i can safely make the repairs to this burned coach. I am located in Jackson, MS. Please call me @ 318-497-1070 or email me at gpatterson319@gmail.com.

thanks
gary

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #2

From the Tech Library (at the top of the forum is a link), here is what the 2005 looked like:

http://alpinecoachassociation.com/ch...5%20Alpine.pdf

Did not have a 2006. This should help if no one is close.

Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
From the Tech Library (at the top of the forum is a link), here is what the 2005 looked like:

http://alpinecoachassociation.com/ch...5%20Alpine.pdf

Did not have a 2006. This should help if no one is close.
Thank you for the reply, but the tech library does not have what i need. I need each wire code/function within themain harness running along the frame rail on passenger side of RV. This harness contains wiring linking the Vansco VMM's together. This harness also includes wiring for the trans module and the Wabco brake module. I just need to know what is what, and having another RV with me would be very helpfull in the repair. I would be able to "mirror" the bad rv with the good since there is alot of important information lacking in the tech library. Please everyone, help or send me info pf someone that you may now that owns an Alpine. Thanks again
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #4

Gary-
Can you give a description of how much good loom you have to work with and at what points, whether there was anything left of the fuse block, etc.?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Gary-
Can you give a description of how much good loom you have to work with and at what points, whether there was anything left of the fuse block, etc.?
The loom was pretty much destroyed/melted where it passes through the frame rail and into the battery compartment. There was nothing left of the fuse block either. All hydraulic lines etc where destroyed also. The fire/smoke/heat also transferred into the engine bay, causing significant damge to the plastic and rubber engine parts.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Gary,

I am currently in Baytown Texas with a 2006 Apex. I will be here for 3 weeks waiting on a new Hydro Hot. If you'd like tp come down here to go through mine I would be glad to help.

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul "Sully" Sullivan
Gary,

I am currently in Baytown Texas with a 2006 Apex. I will be here for 3 weeks waiting on a new Hydro Hot. If you'd like tp come down here to go through mine I would be glad to help.
Paul - Did you consider putting in an Oasis System instead of Hydro-hot? Tris says if ours ever were to go out - that is what he would put in!

#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote