Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #15

I have been reading a lot of the older forums and have learnt a lot. I found something I need to ask and this will sound silly but here we go. I have a 2003 made in 2002 38FD 350 Cummins. Every diesel I've seen has two fuel filters. The book I have only tells about one and the number is FS1022. I know there's another I can't find it. I found the oil filter , the coolant filter and can't find the other fuel filter or the part number for it. The one is in the air filter and fusses compartment beside the Battery's. Could you help me locate it?

Thanks everyone
Larry Pate
2003 Alpine 38FD 350 Cummins tow 2005 Trailblazier
Boston Ky

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM   #16

My ISC 350 only has one Fuel filter.

2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
I had only one fuel filter on my 2002 with the 350 engine. I think the Alpines with the 350 engine only had one fuel filter.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #18

Hello everyone you got my cruise control fixed with fans and other things. I haven't tried the convection oven yet and yes I tried it and of course its bad. Now it put one big load on invertor. There's a panel that show the dc amp and charge and loads. This panel is not lite up. She's charging and the invertor is running but no power on the little lights. Could you tell me where that fuse is or power source is. I'm headed in the right direction. When it gets to much I go get a beer. Thanks everyone

Larry Pate
2003 Alpine 38 FDDS 350 diesel
Boston Ky
Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #19

Thanks Jim and Sandy, the book only shows one filter and this is a first for me. Im having trouble with the lights on a panel. Its the one that tells batt condition and convertor and a/c loads. The lights are not on now I shorted by turning on the convection oven which was bad. Things are working but lights not on.I can't say they are working right.

Larry Pate
2003 Alpine 38FDDS 350 diesel
Old 03-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine coach questions

Larry, the charging and current load is shown on the inverter panel, in order to help we need to know which inverter you have. One other thing you should know is that the convection oven places a heavy load on the inverter/battery bank. You should not use the convection oven unless you are on shore power or the generator is running. We have used the microwave when stopped for lunch, but it draws a lot off the batteries, since we are driving we recharge from the generator so we do not worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #21

This is not and important question so I will ask. My brother and I were talking what his RV does and does the Alpine do this also. His brake lights come on when his Jake Brake kicks in. I never notice cause my brake switch is bad. The other thing he asked was how fast can I go before the Jake brake won't work. He said if he goes over 60 and lets off the pedal his won't work till its get down to 60mph. Never heard this before. The important thing is my panel, to fine the fuse. Thanks everyone

Larry Pate
2003 Alpine 38FDDS 350 Diesel
Old 03-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #22

Dave my invertor is a Freedom 458. If you need more info let me know.

Thanks again
Larry Pate
Old 03-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #23

First--with a 350 Cummins, you have a PAC brake, not a Jake. A true Jake closes valves within the engine to provide back pressure, while a PAC brake closes a large butterfly valve in/near exhaust manifold to create back pressure. Not sure that either the PAC or the Jake on an Alpine activates the brake light. Generally, a Jake is modulated so the back pressure doesnt over rev the engine [eg--over 65 mph], not sure if the PAC has a similar mechanism.
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #24

I got a mirror and looked in and its model number is 81-2010-12. Year was 2004
Thanks again

Larry Pate
Old 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Larry,
Your inverter monitor panel is powered through the telephone cable that is connected to the inverter/charger. If it is plugged in unplug and reinstall. See if that helps.
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Larry, the exhaust brake will come at any speed. You will not feel much above 70 mph; the transmission indicator should show 4th gear. The transmission will probably shift down to 5th. As you slow to below 60 mph the transmission will shift to 4th and you will feel more of the exhaust brake. The exhaust brake will reduce speed but as the RPM drops it reduces its effectiveness. If you shift to 3rd, you will get a little more use of the exhaust brake, until low RPM reduces its effectiveness.

An upgrade for the Pac Brake is the Pac Brake PRXB which is more effective than the original Pac Brake. It has worked for me as I did the upgrade about 6 years ago.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #27

Thanks for all the help. What's Scary and I'm learning as I go. We purchased this Coach in Baton Rouge LA. and went down from Ky and we where ok with it for the price[Blue light special] we asked before with left to drive 760 miles was everything checked out. Test drove and Of coarse we were told yes. So they showed us everything in 15 minutes. I asked have you checked oil, tire pressures and of coarse the service guy said yes. We drove home and I'm finding out I had low air in tires and no brake lights. So I have learnt so many real lessons on this trip. I love the Alpine Coaches and I will get her working and looking good as she should. I feel sorry for the next dealer that tries to sell me a Coach. It is raining cats and dogs here right now but I'm going to try to unplug the phone line to remote and see if that will reset. None of the buttons on the remote can turn the lights off on the remote can they? I'm a button pusher. Again Thank all you guys for your input and help.

Larry Pate
2003 Alpine Coach 38FDDS 350 diesel
Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #28

Jim, I unplugged the phone wire and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in and nothing happened. If you push and hold any of the buttons on the bottom of the remote will that true the lights off or on the remote?
Thanks
Larry Pate
2003 Alpine Coach 38FDDS 350 Cummins diesel