Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #1

We are new to this forum, new to owning an Alpine, and practically new to owning a Class A in general. We feel overwhelmned. Have had lots of problems with our Alpine in the one month we have gotten to use it (out of almost 3 mos,. of ownership), yet, when Buddy gets behind the wheel, he says, "In spite of the problems, I fall in love with this coach all over again!"

We live in northern Greenville Co. South Carolina. WE would like to attend a rally near us so we can receive help with learning about our coach. Yes, we have five remotes on our TV, too, and don't know how to use it among other things.

We just got our ID card a few days ago, and the letter said infor. on the Alpine Owner's Club would follow. If we knew some dates, areas, etc. we could make plans.

I see that the national iRV2 Rally will be in Pigeon Forge, TN, near us. Will any of you Alpine owners be there?

Beverly and Buddy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #2

We are new to this forum, new to owning an Alpine, and practically new to owning a Class A in general. We feel overwhelmned. Have had lots of problems with our Alpine in the one month we have gotten to use it (out of almost 3 mos,. of ownership), yet, when Buddy gets behind the wheel, he says, "In spite of the problems, I fall in love with this coach all over again!"

We live in northern Greenville Co. South Carolina. WE would like to attend a rally near us so we can receive help with learning about our coach. Yes, we have five remotes on our TV, too, and don't know how to use it among other things.

We just got our ID card a few days ago, and the letter said infor. on the Alpine Owner's Club would follow. If we knew some dates, areas, etc. we could make plans.

I see that the national iRV2 Rally will be in Pigeon Forge, TN, near us. Will any of you Alpine owners be there?

Beverly and Buddy

Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello & Welcome Buddy & Beverly:

Regarding Rallies involving Alpine Coaches you can look at the Alpine Coach Association (ACA) web site for upcoming rallies or Alpine Coach East (ACE) a chapter of ACA.

Two upcoming rallies from ACA are "Charlotte FMCA Pre-Rally" August 8-13 (2006) Forest Lake Thousand Trails Mocksville/Lexington, NC, and the "ACA Homecoming 2006" October 3-8 (2006) Nashville KOA, Nashville, TN. WRV may have Technicians at the Charlotte FMCA Pre-Rally and at the FMCA Rally.

I know the other owners would be willing to give you help with your questions and show you how things should work.

I hope to see you at one of the Rallies.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #4

For one thing, I would recommend that you buy a universal remote. I believe the WRV store sells a Harmony brand remote already programmed to control all of the A/V functions in the Alpine Coaches. I personally bought a MX-500 programmable remote from Costco, and set it up myself. One remote can run everything, and better than the 5 remotes as well. You can "learn" from your existing remotes, and set up macros to aid going from satellite to DVD, etc., with the press of one button. But to program it you really need to understand your system first so you know what you want to accomplish. The coach manual really did help explain it. Then I rewired it and changed everything anyway!!

Dave is right, try to attend one of the ACA rallies. I joined Alpine Socal, of which Dave is the president. You will meet lots of nice people that can help you understand your coach better, and fixes for problems you might encounter. And what they have done to make them better.

Happy travels!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome Beverly & Buddy to the Alpine World!

We certainly can understand your feeling overwhelmed. We had owned RVs for 30 years before we bought our first Class A which was a 40' '03 Alpine. We were not prepared for 2 years of "debugging" & all the other "stuff".. We have come to realize that when you buy a high tech home and take it down the road so that it is in a constant "earthquake" you are bound to have problems develop. In spite of all the problems, we too "love our Alpine" and have enough confidence in WRV that we are upgrading to an Apex the end of this month.

We have family (daughter & 2 wonderful grandkids) who live in SW N.C. (Hendersonville) - not too far from you I reckon - and we are coming to the 2 Rallys in NC in August. (ACA & FMCA)

Dave has sent you a link to the ACA where you can get an application to join. You will learn SO MUCH by coming to Rallys and you are in luck because the next 2 National ACA Rallys are in your backyard -
1)August 8-13 (2006)"Charlotte FMCA Pre-Rally"
Forest Lake Thousand Trails
Mocksville/Lexington, NC
Host: National
P.O. Box 53486
Bellevue, WA 98015-3486
2) October 3-8 (2006)"Homecoming 2006"
Nashville KOA
Nashville, TN
Host: National

You will want to join FMCA if you have not done so already. I am sure the irv2 Rally in TN will be great but the registration is already closed if you have not already registered. We had wanted to go to that one also but we could not coordinate our times. The end of July we will be coming from WA to NC.

Hope to see you in August at the rallys!
Carolyn & Tris Swan
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:09 AM   #6

Thanks to all of you for replying and for the info. I will get registered for these rallys.

We live just 16 miles from Hendersonville, NC, so to Carolyn & Tris, maybe we can see you more often than at rallys. We live on a small farm on Gap Creek Road (just a gap in the mountains, one mile soouth of the NC border) just off of Hwy. 25 going to Greenville, SC.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with each of you.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #7

Buddy & Beverly,
Its good to hear from new owners. Welcome to the Alpine Coach family.

You mentioned that you received an ID card which I assume was from the Alpine Coach Association Membership Director. If my assumption is incorrect, I welcome you to join our organization. We hold 4 rallies each year and have a quarterly newsletter which as a member, you can access on line. I encourage you to go to the Alpine Coach Association website as Dave Fernandez mentioned for news about our organization and our regional chapters. We are also a chapter of the FMCA which I highly encourage you to join. As a motorcoach owner, you will find much helpful information in the FMCA magazine which is sent out monthly.

The rally in the Charlotte, NC area is practically in your back yard. This would be a great venue to "get acquainted" with our members in a casual social setting. We will have technicians at the rally so that you can have a few minor items attended to there. Then, if you go on to the FMCA Convention immediately following the pre-rally you will have the opportunity to visit many of the vendors who have supplied components for your coach. At this event, you can also attend various seminars to help you understand your coach better and learn how to maintain it properly.

I invite you to go to our website at: www.alpinecoachassociation.com and print out an application and forward it to our Membership Director. You will then receive all mailings (electronic or snail) regarding happenings in the club.

Hang in there - we've all had issues with our new coaches, but once they are resolved, you'll have more fun than imaginable in your coach. Our members are always willing to assist you here on the IRV2 website or at our rallies. Happy traveling!

Claudia Gayhart
President - Alpine Coach Association

2000 Alpine Millennium Edition
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:25 AM   #8

Thanks for the help. I have printed out the Alpine Coach Assoc. mem. application and am mailing it today. I also will join the FMCA.

Thanks, Beverly
Old 05-05-2006, 05:05 AM   #9

Buddy & Beverly, congratulations on purchasing an Alpine coach. We live in Eatsern PA and as you watch this forum I think you will feel as though we are neighbors. The forum is heavy with West coast folks which are all great but unless we do a lot of travelling we will never see them. I noted that you are retired which is great, I have my own company and have not been willing to do that as yet, so long travelling is out.
We have a 2005 Alpine 34'FDDS and other than one serious issue we have not had any other big problems. The serious issue was the rear blew out but the likliness of that happening again to someone else is really remote. Other than it took to much time to repair it (more mis-communication more than anything else) WRV was oustanding in taking care of every detail of the warranty. Even having my tow vehichle detailed (it was covered with oil) and numerous other items that I truly think another manufacturer would have not even considerd paying for. The other items that we have had have been annoying, even stupid and should have never occured, but I think with a motorhome you had besy expect them. I believe what makes the difference in how the repairs are handled absolutely comes from the manufacturers cooperation and willingness to take care of the issue. In our case WRV has been superb. Mike Glazier, Dave Kaampi, Rex, Leslie (who has left and we all miss) and Burk Morgan (I am certain Ron Doyle had some doings in these decsions also) have made our problems go away with a minimum or even no problem. They have assisted me in everything, have answered every question I asked and always have returned my phone calls. I realize this note goes against a lot of other comments I have read but this is our experience and as a business man Alpine has been superb.(They are not one of my customers) I have spoken with other motor coach owners with some very high end units and I heard horror stories about their warranty claims and very much envied the cooperation I have received from WRV. I am just out of warranty as of April 2006 but I feel certain that if I have an issue that WRV will either take care of it or at leat help with the situation.
The coach is truly fun to drive with great power. Its ability to manuever is uncanny. Stick with your problems and WRV (get them resolved) and you will get everything straighted out. In the end you will have an extremely fine coach. In addition, the folks in this forum are extremely informative, with a lot of experience as well as being a lot of fun.

Good Luck
Ted & Carol
2005 Alpine 34FDDS
2006 PT Cruiser GT
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #10

Ted and Carol,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an informative email. I have talked with Rex and Mike, and they seemed very willing to help.

Right now, our coach is still in the shop, and I haven't talked with the tech since Tuesday. I am going to call again Monday. Mike said the tech seems a little scared to do such a big job (replace all the hydraulic lines), but they would be there via phone to help him. The fact that three days have gone by since then bothers me some, but I thought I should wait until Monday to call Holiday Kampers (Spartanburg, SC) again. We will be willing to take the coach wherever we need to to get it fixed.

Yes, I believe WRV is going to be good to work with. I explained some other money issues that involved our dealer and repairs, and they have immediately been helpful.

I need to read the rules of the forum, because I'm not sure that I should post those problems, but the dealer was even trying to charge WRV for items, us for the same thing (expecting "me" to get our money back from WRV), plus an item charged to WRV that we didn't even get! What a mess! This is LaMesa RV in Tampa.

PA doesn't seem far away to us at all. In fact, the dealer in PA is really our closet dealer (500 plus miles). We may wind up in the area. There is a new dealer in GA, but WRV suggested that he might not be set up yet to handle our problems.

Thanks again for your post. Hope to meet you.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 05-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #11

Buddy, I don't want to indicate that all my conversations were peaches & cream. They were anything but and I am sure if I got recorded my picture could be right beside Kohlmeni's.(I think thats right) But in the end we resolved our problems for know but rest assured they are on going. I just didn't want to indicate that they don't deserve a great deal of flack because there QC is definitely not up to par, but improving and definitely going in the right direction. If you have the opportunity to speak with Burk Morgan feel assured that he deserves lots of flack and that is because he just does.
If you get an opportunity to meet him, make it a point. He understands what we are all talking about as well as everyone else mentioned.
Ted & Carol
2005 Alpine 2005 34' FDDS
2006 PT Cruiser GT

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote