Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine Lube Schematic

Does anyone know where I can locate a lube schematic for my 38.5 2002 coach. I seem to find a new zerk fitting every time I lube.
Thank you all in advance.

Joe Darling
38.5 Alpine
Jeep liberty

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #2

Don't believe there is such a thing. Fun tracking them down isn't it.

Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Red face

Hello Joe:

For a 2001 Alpine you will find the following grease fitting.

Under the Coach on the Steering Colum there is one on the slip yoke and one in the small u-joint. On the brake pedal assembly (Thru the Floor) you will find one the pivot shaft. The drag Ling and tie Rod have grease fitting on each end. The King Pins have Grease Fitting on the top and bottom. Thatís all for the front end.

In the Rear you have the Drive Shaft U-Joints have grease fitting (Each U-Joint is crossed drilled and they have two grease fittings you only need to grease one) and one on the slip yoke.

The Manual recommends that the Drive Shaft U-Joint be greased every 3000 miles (Which I Do) and the Chassis I perform once a year.

That the complete list of grease fittings on a 2001 Alpine.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fernandez View Post
Hello Joe:

For a 2001 Alpine you will find the following grease fitting.

Under the Coach on the Steering Colum there is one on the slip yoke and one in the small u-joint. On the brake pedal assembly (Thru the Floor) you will find one the pivot shaft. The drag Ling and tie Rod have grease fitting on each end. The King Pins have Grease Fitting on the top and bottom. Thatís all for the front end.

In the Rear you have the Drive Shaft U-Joints have grease fitting (Each U-Joint is crossed drilled and they have two grease fittings you only need to grease one) and one on the slip yoke.

The Manual recommends that the Drive Shaft U-Joint be greased every 3000 miles (Which I Do) and the Chassis I perform once a year.

That the complete list of grease fittings on a 2001 Alpine.
Dave....Thank you very much. I will now proceed to follow your directions and get to work.
Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #5

For an 04-09 Alpine, I agree w/Dave's count minus the brake pivot (different brake linkage). Some have added a zirc on the brake "bell crank" behind the gen slide. The really well healed have replaced the gen slide rollers w/zirc-fitted rollers (King Louie found those and displayed them at Quartzsite this year), for electric motor gen slides.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
EM - where did he get them, and what is the recommended install method? I always wondered why WRV did not install them on those rollers. FWIW - I usually oil them at least three times a year, once when I do the oil/filter change. Then after we put her away in the spring and before we take off for the fall.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
For an 04-09 Alpine, I agree w/Dave's count minus the brake pivot (different brake linkage). Some have added a zirc on the brake "bell crank" behind the gen slide. The really well healed have replaced the gen slide rollers w/zirc-fitted rollers (King Louie found those and displayed them at Quartzsite this year), for electric motor gen slides.
EM...I was at the Desert Rat Rally but on Saturday we had to go to Tucson for a family celebration and therefore I missed all of the tech seminars. However I will look into your suggestion regarding the generator rollers.
Thank you...Joe
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #8

I sent Luoie an email about the source for rollers, and will post a new thread or add to a gen slide thread w/the info when available.