Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Alpine Questions

Looking for an Alpine. Really like their thoughtful layout of interior space. Would like a 38-40 foot 2005-?.My big concern is who can service the peak chassis? I live in Cincinnati and the Cummins and Onan I can service in town. How are you all taking of ongoing maintenance, both chassis and house with the factory no more?

wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post
Looking for an Alpine. Really like their thoughtful layout of interior space. Would like a 38-40 foot 2005-?.My big concern is who can service the peak chassis? I live in Cincinnati and the Cummins and Onan I can service in town. How are you all taking of ongoing maintenance, both chassis and house with the factory no more?

Wayne, first there is very little that needs to be done with the Peak chassis itself, so that is not a concern. All the other parts, other than the fiberglass body, are not proprietary and can be serviced by any competent RV service center. The body, being fiberglass can be serviced by RV body shops. The engine pas you have stated is a Cummins, transmission is Alison, suspension Meritorious,all parts are readily available. The other thing we have going for Alpines is IRV2, this forum provides exceptional support and check out the Alpine Tech Library sticky above. Many folks have faced the choices involved with choosing an Alpine, I believe there are none that regret the choice, and the ride will exceed your expectations, drive one and you will see for yourself.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #3

Having purchased an Alpine a little over a year ago, found the iRV2 Alpine Owner's Forum to be a gold mine. Alpine owners are some of the most engaged and helpful people around. Their combined expertise and knowledge is impressive.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:09 AM   #4

suspension Meritorious?

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #5

Alpine Coach Dual Pane Windows

Do all Alpine Coach's have dual pane windows ? Or is it a specified option?
Old 07-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Definitely from 2003 on and probably earlier, dual pane windows were standard.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Dual Pane windows were standard on all years. Don't know about the Avalanche though.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #8

We bought our Alpine about a year and a half ago. I will say I have had a couple of issues, working on one as we speak. We looked at a couple of other brands, Monaco, HR, we wanted big curb side windows. The BOM, the boss of me, had big curb side windows at the top of her list and something in the dark recesses of my brain wanted an Alpine.

We just finished a 3500 mile trip with 3 other couples and we wouldn't trade with any of them. We drove many miles on winding, fairly steep, 2 lanes roads and we just ran off and left our friends. We weren't trying to, I was just driving at a comfortable speed. We went down some 10% grades and almost never touched the brake pedal, thanks jake brake. This thing just wants to run, pulling a toad I had to use the cruise control to stay under 70, Utah, Colorado etc. I put in one 11 hour day and could have gone farther.

The BOM drove it for the first time, first time ever driving a MH, and she was pretty comfortable. She said that she couldn't believe how much easier it was than she expected and she also had to watch the speed.

I have an '05 40FDTS, I have replaced the radiator, coolant and hoses, radiator was leaking, replaced the hydraulic pump, pump crapped out, and all 8 batteries.

I have also as preventative maintenance, replaced the heater hoses, just because. had the brake fluid changed, changed trans filters and fluid and serviced the generator. I did these things myself, except the brake fluid, so there were no labor charges.

Like I said, I've had a couple of issues but nothing that I couldn't work through with the help of the Alpine group here on the forum.

I won't say, "buy one, you'll love it", I will say that when we were on our trip, the BOM said, " I love this motorhome" and I couldn't disagree with her!!

I have a couple of things I still want to do, they ain't perfect, but I would be doing those things regardless of which brand we bought. Research it, drive a couple and check the floorplans. Let us know what you decide.

Terry

Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote