Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #281

1998 Alpine

Saw your note, I just purchased this 1998 36fds, the VIN is 72061, in the paperwork, I have the original owner, and the susequent owner
hunter27h is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #282

Alpine Owners Club
I can't seem to find my listing anywhere in the registar, please advise.
jdarling10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #283

Does anybody know 2006 Alpine Apex Black/Silver VIN#18XF4EM2561175579 i notice that one of the first ones was in the 80's for the VIN. Just curious if anybody knows the history?
FinelineDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #284

I just bought it in Feb of 2013..
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #285

We just purchased #75628 40MD APEX
Roger Allen & Taylor Baird
Palm Springs, CA
The dealer is still servicing the coach and we will pick it up in Kentucky next month.
bairdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #286

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome, Fineline Dave, to IRV2 and the Alpine Coach Forum. Congratulations on your recent purchase of an Apex!

I notice you are in Orange! Just a hop - skip and jump from us in North Tustin! Where did you buy your coach? Is it a California coach?

Hope you have joined ACA and the SoCal Alpine groups. You will learn a lot about your coach by attending the Rallies!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #287

Yeah was purchased from McMahon RV in Westminster. Not a very good transaction, it was a trade in from a gentlemen in Lake Havasu. This is our 2nd Alpine first one was a 2000 that we had for 6 years great coach. Decided to try out a fifth wheel for the little ones for two years now back to the MH. It's a great coach just need to work out some bugs. Silverleaf is being updated, water lines are being fixed with new fittings, changing the switches out for the rockers for the smart beds etc.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #288

Alpine Owners Club
I cannot find my listing.....vin #74598
Joe & Micki Darling
jdarling10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
I have been scouring the forum trying to match up VIN numbers to models, names, avatars and locations. Mostly I was doing so to give it to the ACA for their use, possibly on the website. It would also give the ownership history of an individual coach, so future owners could ask pertinent questions. It is also darn interesting.

Many clubs of our type track individual units, especially things in limited production (like ours) or a limited history (like ours) or self helping associations (like ours). Boats, special cars, boutique RV's, etc.

WRV tracked their customers the same way. When I purchased mine used, they updated their files when they found out about the sale. The list they maintained had lots of information about the build. That list was allegedly given to ACA, though no one seems to know where it is (or didn't respond to my last inquiry).

There may be some folks that feel the information is too private to share, I suppose. Others mention (last thread on this) that there were too many to track. Be we have to start somewhere, and I have.

I have information on about 100 coaches of an estimated 1400 produced. I put them into a table for filling in as we go. It has the VIN, Model, Engine, Owner, City & State and the avatar for current and past owners.

Maybe we can "Sticky" this and as people contribute, I'll update it.

I'll also cut out the non-existent VINs with whatever information we can gather up. Meanwhile, hopefully someone can find the WRV list and we can use it to start building and updating the list. We will need to include destroyed units as well.

Hopefully some of you would be interested. It looks like there are 387 IRV2 members currently with Alpine, Avalanche or Apex coaches. Lots of former owners, too.
I am a 3rd owner of #74875 have owned 3weeks and the leveling system quit working I am looking for the 15and 40 amp fuses that are shown in the book buuuut having a problem locating any help would be great 2003 36ft alpine
bslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #290

Since owning an '03 Alpenlite Medinah 5th Wheel for about 5 yrs, I had been impressed with WRV - thought it really filled the niche for us. As we all do, we've progressed through the lineage of RV options and now we own a 2002 34FDDS - Serial 74584 - ISC330 (or 350 hp, have a question on that)
Phil and Shannon - Golden, CO - Phil and Shannon

Regarding the engine question (maybe I should post this as a seperate thread) but the VIN Code indicates that it is a 350 hp, as does some scribing on the engine itself. However, the Cummins dealer says my engine # left the factory as a 330 hp. Any insight?
waterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #291

The WRV factory was 20 blocks from the Yakima Cummins NW dealer, and it took 1hp per block to deliver the engines, so 330 + 20 = 350.
Or something like that.
You are not likely to know the difference, as the torque is the only palpable spec. You can pull use your engine serial# and get info on your engine at Cummins website, or at your next service at a Cummins shop.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #292

So that's how they do it - always wondered.

Actually, I did pull the engine number and let my Cummins dealer pull the info and that's when they came up with 330 hp. Could've used the extra torque here in Colorado - at the end of the day, it is what it is and we're learning more about our MH with each trip.

For what it's worth, I've learned a lot from your posts once I discovered the forum a couple months ago - thanks much. Did you work for WRV?
waterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #293

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinelineDave View Post
I just bought it in Feb of 2013..
Congratulations on your new Apex. I'm not showing any information on your coach in my lists. I'll let you know if I find something.

I'll be posting an updated list soon. I still need to add another 30 listings I've collected.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Congratulations on your new Apex. I'm not showing any information on your coach in my lists. I'll let you know if I find something.

I'll be posting an updated list soon. I still need to add another 30 listings I've collected.

Thanks!

Thanks Take Pride any info will be helpful!