Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #29

We have a 2005, 34' FDDS (400HP). The vin number is 75340 and it was purchased new from Guarantee. Our address is Livingston, Texas.

Ken and Joan Tarkin
Ken T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
Great Idea Takepride.....

2001 36MDDS
350HP
Jeff & Kathy
West Des Moines, IA
Refuse1
Old 10-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbowers View Post
We own 74716 purchased in 11/7/2008 from the original owner Dwight Ritchey.
Hi Bob & Connie,

I am amazed to see this, having just met you guys at San Dimas a month and a half ago. I have a story for you...John & I were very good friends with Dwight and his late wife, Lynda. Seemed like we kept meeting at Camp WRV, and then we hosted a rally together at Aguanga in Nov 2003. Anyway, we first met at WRV, where we were both getting work done on our 2001 36ft. We toured the factory together and ended up both ordering a new 2003 40 footer, as this was the first year they had the triple slide and king beds. Our rigs came off the line back-to-back, so ours was 74715, and they were identical in every way...well, except for the plexiglass nose guard Dwight had installed. We both picked up our new babies in May 2002...seems like forever ago! Such good memories!

I cannot tell you surprised I was to read your posting here that the coach we talked about so much in San Dimas had belonged to the Ritcheys. Unfortunately, Lynda died in early 2004, so Dwight spent several years living alone in that beautiful Alpine.

Hope your new tires are giving you great peace of mind and you are enjoying the devil out of your Alpine!!

See you soon!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
TakePride,

I forgot to tell you our current 2007 is vin #75744 and home is Las Vegas, NV.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
City?
Jim & Sandy live in Asheville, NC
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #34

Dedie & Ray Thompson, ser. #74577, yr.2002, 36mdds. Homebase is Raymond, Wa.
Purchased from Guaranty RV Center, Junction City, Or. in 6/26/06
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Brad & Joyce, Portland, Or.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
75804 2009 36FDTS
Bought new Jan 08 thru Guaranty
425 ISL
Homebase is Yakima, WA

75544 2006 34FDDS
We bought this new in July 05
400 ISL
Traded to Guaranty in Jan 08
Guaranty resold it, can't remember buyer's name, but he lives in Auburn, WA.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #37

Bought New VIN # 75723 2007 Apex ISL 425
40 TS on Jan 2010
Kraig and Linda Fletcher
Portland OR

Bought Vin # 74050 new in Oct 1999
36 front door single slide
Sold to Nick and Linda Dec 2009
Medford OR
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #38

Add to our coach 74328, 36' mid door - 350, purchased new in 2/02 based in Fort Smith, Arkansas, owned by John and Suzanne Tripp
Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #39

75047 - 2004 36' MDDS
Owners: John and Susie Balistrieri
Home: San Diego, CA

Bought used through Holland Motorhomes, San Diego, in September 2007.
SusieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Hello!

I have made major updates to the Registry, but still need plenty of help.

1) I need to find out actual existing VIN's to eliminate un-issued numbers. Looking at the list, it appears WRV may have skipped ahead several tens of numbers at a time.

2) Numerous folks on this forum have, over time, provided some of the information, but not complete enough to fully add their registration. For example, a member may have mentioned their VIN, but did not disclose their name or city. I understand some may not want the information available. To that end, I am proposing to maintain the list, unposted here, but available to ACA members on that website.

3) I have info on many VIN holders, but no associated avatar on this forum. Many were obvious to me, based on having been a member here for more than three years.

4) WRV did provide all the actual, existing VIN's to ACA with a list of the original buyers and any updated owner information they received after the sale. I haven't had anyone come up with that list. I'm not sure if they are concerned about privacy, or don't realize they have the list. Again, for privacy, I could assemble the information for use only on the ACA website. (It might be an enticement to join!)

Take a look at what I have. It has taken many laborious hours to put together and there are many interesting pieces of information. I am particularly interested in the ownership histories of individual coaches and of members having several coaches over time. It's kinda neat to see how some coaches have had several homes, living in one place a while, then moving several states away. Also knowing if someone nearby also has an Alpine may spark some friendships and possibly some swapping of technical know-how.

I appreciate all your input thusfar. Please let me know of updated information, knowledge you may have of other coaches and especially if you are withholding info based on privacy concerns. I'll continue to compile the information as it arrives.

This Registry is only accumulating VIN, Engine Size, Model, Name, City and Avatar. It is not being formatted in a spreadsheet form for later manipulation or easy re-use. Please let me know your opinion.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
I have been scouring the forum trying to match up VIN numbers to models, names, avatars and locations. Mostly I was doing so to give it to the ACA for their use, possibly on the website. It would also give the ownership history of an individual coach, so future owners could ask pertinent questions. It is also darn interesting.

Many clubs of our type track individual units, especially things in limited production (like ours) or a limited history (like ours) or self helping associations (like ours). Boats, special cars, boutique RV's, etc.

WRV tracked their customers the same way. When I purchased mine used, they updated their files when they found out about the sale. The list they maintained had lots of information about the build. That list was allegedly given to ACA, though no one seems to know where it is (or didn't respond to my last inquiry).

There may be some folks that feel the information is too private to share, I suppose. Others mention (last thread on this) that there were too many to track. Be we have to start somewhere, and I have.

I have information on about 100 coaches of an estimated 1400 produced. I put them into a table for filling in as we go. It has the VIN, Model, Engine, Owner, City & State and the avatar for current and past owners.

Maybe we can "Sticky" this and as people contribute, I'll update it.

I'll also cut out the non-existent VINs with whatever information we can gather up. Meanwhile, hopefully someone can find the WRV list and we can use it to start building and updating the list. We will need to include destroyed units as well.

Hopefully some of you would be interested. It looks like there are 387 IRV2 members currently with Alpine, Avalanche or Apex coaches. Lots of former owners, too.
How about putting the register on a map available to Alpine forum members? MonacoMama has done so for Monaco members. It uses Google Maps and places a "thumb tack" everywhere there is an owner. See Monaco Member Locations - Google Maps . When traveling, you can quickly see where other Alpine owners are and perhaps meet and link up with another forum member to share stories (or parts!). I'm sure MonacoMama would be happy to share how to construct this type of map. If nothing else, it gives a quick view of the distribution of Alpine owners. MonacoMama has a sticky thread and adds thumb tacks to the map as new members join the forum.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #42

TakePride,

A wonderful endeavor that will have payoffs, your efforts are appreciated.

Bob
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote