Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #1

I am looking at starting an Alpine resource library. From old brochures, pictures, stories, etc. if you have any info I can use or photos to share,stories etc. Please email them to me at ron@keystonervcenter.com If your interested in any of this info please email me and I'll see you get a copy. Also I am looking at starting a monthly newsletter for Alpine and if your interested in recieving it or have any info to share with other Alpine owners please contact me Thanks and HAPPY RVing RON

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #2

I am looking at starting an Alpine resource library. From old brochures, pictures, stories, etc. if you have any info I can use or photos to share,stories etc. Please email them to me at ron@keystonervcenter.com If your interested in any of this info please email me and I'll see you get a copy. Also I am looking at starting a monthly newsletter for Alpine and if your interested in recieving it or have any info to share with other Alpine owners please contact me Thanks and HAPPY RVing RON

Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I think that's mostly a great idea. You might start with an on-line copy of every year's sales brochure; they have lots of information. They are still available from WRV. I'd like to see a parts catalog too. Winnebago does a great job of this. It has exploded views of all the parts/systems/areas of the coach and one can order the correct part quickly, correctly and with less confusion. Right now WRV wastes everyone's time looking up parts, calling on parts, send wrong parts and not understanding what parts are required. They also seem to have no interest in maintaining a proper website and online support. Your forum might help their sales.

Newletter.... Have you seen the ACA newsletter? I think it would be in your interest, ACA's interest and us Owner's interest if you or anyone else interested, would contribute to an already established newsletter. Combine your efforts. Some of your ideas above would really enhance the result. It would also result in less duplication.

I also feel ACA would be smarter to send the newsletter out to all Alpine owners (WRV maintains a list, even the re-sold units), via email, whether or not they belong to the club. It would increase their presence, attract more members, increase the interest from advertisers, solicit more contributors and result in more general interest.

Of course, that's just my opinion....
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride - To start, the ACA newsletter could be posted right here on the forum, then it would be available to a whole lot of owners and anyone else interested in Alpine coaches.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Actually, many past newsletters are posted on the ACA website, and can be viewed by any Alpine owner or anyone interested in purchasing an Alpine. The website is www.alpinecoachassociation.com. The only newsletter that is not posted there at any given time is the most current newsletter. Only ACA members have access to the most current newsletter.

Ron, a resource library is a very good idea. I know WRV is looking at developing a tech site for owner reference, but I believe it will take them a while to get this up and running. So, if you have the willingness and resources to put together this library, I think we owners would greatly appreciate it.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Gail,

I was thinking a current or newer newsletter would be more inviting to prospective members. It's hard to get excited about ACA functions that are mentioned in a newletter that came out a year and a half ago.

I'm not sure how the funding of the newsletter or Association works, but advertisers like to see more "hits" on their web advertising and will usually pay more into the publication/website. The advantage to current members is more $$$ to the Association and possibly more "volume" and interest both in the newsletter and the membership growth.

The past newsletters are great! Well designed, good content, focused. I'm sure someone(s) put a lot of effort into them. But instead of coveting their viewership, they could be used to better attract new members. Of course the idea was/is to get people to pay dues to see the latest newsletter. Maybe it works to build while the membership is small.

I'm certainly not the expert, but I am expert at playing "Devil's Advocate"!

P.S. I'm joining! (If you'll have me now.) How can anyone resist all things Alpine?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:05 AM   #7

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Greetings from Camp WRV (Our last day),

I must say that the rationale for requiring a password to see the current newsletter escapes me!

NOTHING DRIVES LIKE AN ALPINE!
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
takepride, of course we'll have you, but only if you join SoCal, too! I notice that you are located in Long Beach, so please do consider joining us.

On the newsletter matter, not all of the newsletters on the website are so old...the last one out should be on there as soon as the new newsletter is available. So, the news shouldn't be that old, and will include upcoming rallies as well as current advertisers.

Basil, I believe the password requirement is because ACA dues are used to pay for the cost of publishing the newsletter, among other things. Of course, with the new on-line delivery of the newsletter for a good percentage of our members, the cost is much less that it was a year and a half ago. (Glad to hear it is you last day at Camp WRV!)
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Of course I'll be joining the SoCal Chapter. It'll save you the trouble of having a stalker. You can't keep me away from all things Alpine.

The "newest" newsletter on-line, for non-members is April 2006, a bit long in the tooth for a newsletter. However, if I'm required to pay, to see something more current, I guess I will (and without hard feelings). I just believe there would be more interest in the club if more non-members could see the newer, secret inner-workings of the ACA. LOL!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #10

My $.02: When we were Trek owners there was a sort of private newsletter that had tech issues included. Current issues went to subscribers (in dead-tree-media) and you could buy the old issues. Each issue had an index of topics covered in the newsletter. this was not a club letter, but a coach letter, and most buyers of used Treks ordered the full set of back issues once they discovered the utility of the tech info.

Probably not worth the copper.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
takepride,

I am embarrassed to say that you are so right, the website is terribly out of date. After I checked it because of your earlier comment, I realized that lots of things need to be up-dated. I sent a note to our webmaster, and hopefully we can get things improved so that all Alpine owners have access to newsletters and rally info.

There are certain of the rallies that are open to all Alpine owners, like the Desert Rat rallies in January, so we want them to know about these opportunities.

Mike, your comments are always worth at least the copper.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #12

EM - Guess you've been retired too long...dead-tree-media is properly referred to as "treeware." Bada-bing
Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Gail - And here I was thinking the WRV webmaster was the same person as the ACA webmaster, and likely (long) retired. They are both about the same year and a half behind.

Mike - Your idea is actually great. Did you see that, RV Ron? Perfect resource, pre-packaged. Someone just needs to index it across the years.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #14

Thanks for all your replies! I am working on this and will continue with it. Please please please any ideas,info,favorite service centers, pictures,brochures, or newsletter ideas let me know. I want to work with you all any way I can so ideas for the newsletter, or a web page for info etc. I would like to maybe try and maybe also just help improve any exsisting things like the newsletter etc. as i don't want to take away from anything Alpine only to add to it and help make it better. Anthow would love to continue to hear from you all. you can email me at ron@keystonervcenter.com Thanks again!