Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Had to make a round trip to Wishon Village on Monday evening August 10. It was dark and I drove by a 2003-2005 green and tan Alpine in a site (42-44) at Wishon Village.

If they are still there on Saturday, Patty and I (Site #9)will stop by and say HI

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #30

Spotted on hwy 101 in Lincoln City OR

We spotted an Alpine yesterday Aug. 11th headed north on hwy 101 in Lincoln City. It was definitely an Alpine but was painted a solid golden brown color and had no Alpine or WRV markings. Thought it might be one of the units sold after the bankruptcy.

Fulltimers
Kent and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #31

We drove thru Laguna Seca campground last Saturday and spotted a green 04 or 05 did not see anyone around, they must have been out watching the pre historics.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
With over 8000 miles of travel, this Summer, we never saw another Alpine "on-the-road" until today and we saw 4! Hello to all:
10am "brown" towing white trailer pulling out of fuel isalnd ahead of me at 7 feathers
10am "silver/black" towing trailer with motorcycle or atv and a car coming across fuel parking lot from 7 feathers campground.
noonish NB I5 north of Grants Pass, OR "brown?"
1-ish NB I5 north of Yreka,Ca color?
WE were SB heading home. We did meet a few of you at campgrounds..hello again.
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #33

Zinom- That was us northbound, just as we crested Anderson Grade Summit. We were wavin' like mad fools. Good to see ya. Mike
p.s. the "color" is Milano FWIW.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
Today was our first sighting, IN OUR HOME TOWN!!, of Sisters, Oregon. We think it was a 36'...we're not tuned in enough to know the year, etc. but they had a mocha colored poodle sitting in the front passenger seat with the woman. We were just thrilled to recongnize the Alpine, and in our own little town to boot! Cool!

We'd love to meet any Alpine owners coming through Central Oregon!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Louie & Linda
Sighted today, Sunday Aug 16, driving west on US 380 into Denton, Texas. Year unknown - Champaign coach with white Jeep toad.

Are you staying around the Denton area? If so contact Louis and Linda Burch for a dinner date.
Louie & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #36

Saw an 08 or 09, heading north thru Eugene area today ~10:00. We were heading south. Color= "Milano." Thought I was looking in a mirror.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #37

Alpine Owners Club
Spotted in Spokane area over the weekend, what looked like an Alpine with the "newer" Apex paint graphics, but it seemed to be different colors (blues) and we didn't see any Apex or Alpine identifying marks. Our profile is so unique that I can usually spot an Alpine a ways off. Anyone??
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Another Central Oregon sighting

Yesterday we took our coach to Brattain's in Bend for some engine work and another Alpine drove up. So, we met Wes, owner of a 2000, I think 36'. Too bad his wife Diane wasn't with him but we plan to get together with them when they return from a trip. He said they've attended a couple rallies in the past, and that he's a member here but hasn't logged in a long time. We were just so excited to meet our first fellow-Alpine owner!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie & Linda View Post
Sighted today, Sunday Aug 16, driving west on US 380 into Denton, Texas. Year unknown - Champaign coach with white Jeep toad.

Are you staying around the Denton area? If so contact Louis and Linda Burch for a dinner date.
Hey that was us....Coming back from our family reunion at Caddo Lake State Park!!!!! (GREAT Park by the way) DO you live in the NoTex area? or just passing through?

We actually stopped in Sanger for dinner with my in-laws.

DW and I are originally from The Denton area (28 years in Argyle actually) I am a graduate of UNT (used to be NTSU, back in the day)

Maybe next time we can do the dinner...or if you find yourselves up Northern Colorado way, we can be the Hosts!
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
So, we drive into the Yakima Nation RV Resort (in beautiful downtown...well sorta...Toppenish, WA), and just finished registering when in comes an 05 Burgundy coach. We introduced ourselves, and it was Jack & Linda Cornett (at least I'm pretty sure that was their last name). They are from Oregon, but don't use Internet, so won't see this post. Nor are they ACA or NoWACA members. Nice people though who stay in this area frequently as they have a daughter living in Yakima. They are having a water pump problem, as so many of us have, so I gave them Dr Gerstel's number and promised them he'd fix them right up!

Today, we returned from having our coach at two different doctor's offices (Cummins & then Aubrey's, both in Yakima), there were 2 more Alpines! One is an 03/04 Burgundy & the other an 06/07 Burgundy. We haven't had a chance to go around and meet them yet, but we'll try this evening as we must leave tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Update to my previous post on sightings at Yakima Nation RV...

The burgundy 06/07 belongs to Ed & Dale Wilson, to our great surprise and pleasure. So of course we visited for a while.

The 03/04 is brown, not burgundy; we returned to our coach too late to knock on their door, so we don't know more than that their license plate is from Oregon.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #42

Alpine Owners Club
Driving by Mac's Radiator shop in Portland, I see another lucky Alpine owner parked. Second one in a couple of months.