Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #85

Alpine Owners Club
Spotted on Sunday evening 10/04 a charcoal silver ('05?) pulling a white Jeep Cherokee north bound on I-5, just south of the I-5 I-580 interchange.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #86

Tom and Patty, that would have been us headed home from the ACA rally at Mirimar in San Diego, saw you as well and waved!

WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #87

Alpine Owners Club
We had stayed at Santa Cruz Harbor (see campground posting) and were headed home via Wente Golf Course at Livermore. I didn't get a chance to wave We saw you too late
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #88

Crusing through (on my Bike) the Moss Landing, CA KOA Sunday afternoon (10/4) and saw a Grey/Silver Alpine parked.

Picked up some shrimp for the barby & fresh artichokes and headed back to the KOA in Watsonville (nice place BTW).
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #89

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
We saw 3 Alpines heading east on I40 between Albuquerque and Gallup this afternoon. We were lucky to get one of the last RV sites in Gallup since the entire RV community seems to be heading for the Balloon Fiesta. They were lined up 10 deep trying to get a site.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #90

Alpine Owners Club
Swan and All:

Sorry to miss you during the rally(ies). I was already commited to another rally at Pismo Coast Village. Sunny every day (how rare!). I did meet a (now former) member of the Alpine Forum. They traded their '06 Apex for a less electronically-challenged (and much smaller) rig. Very nice folks from Paso Robles. I was saddened to miss everyone passing in opposite directions both coming and going. We decided to follow the 101 the entire way. Sounds like the I-5 was a regular Alpine flyway.

Still wondering who I missed at Pete's Road Service in Fullerton three Wednesdays past. California plates read LAK HOUS (or similar). Pete's said they were the third Alpine in that day (I was number 2).
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #91

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride - We were sorry you didn't join us. The airshow at MiraMar was incredible - we were on the flight line, positioned where everything converged - There were about 48 coaches and about 100 of us having a great time!

We left Sunday with about 80 degree weather and woke up Monday morning in Beaver, UT and temps in coach were 38 - brrrr. We are in Cody Wy now and it is 28 degrees tonight and we got about 3" of snow tonight!

Did someone in your family work at Poly Hi???
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #92

Alpine Owners Club
Swan:

No to Poly Hi. Sounds downright cold out there where you are, head South. Think I'll stay near the deserts for the next 8 months.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #93

Alpine Owners Club
Swan, if I remember you are headed to HWH. Have fun with that, make sure they put down something to keep the carpet from getting dirty, as reports indicate they don't.
It's starting to get cold in the Pacific NW as well, and Monday night our rain starts, no telling when it will end, about May 2010 I would think.
Have fun, stay safe, and may our paths cross sometime in the future.
I did see an alpine today, but it's mine, and I was draining the fresh water system pending the cold weather heading our way.
Your way if I remember is going to be real cold.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #94

Alpine Owners Club
Spotted a early to mid 2000's tan/green, towing (?), headed west on I-405 to highway 30 in Portland, OR Saturday afternoon around 3pm. I was not in our coach, so no reason to wave and honk.
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #95

Alpine Owners Club
On Friday, 10/9, passed an Alpine with a very custom paint job. Coach was black, red and grey. The style of paint was that of a 2001 coach. We were north-bound on I-5 just entering Tumwater, WA. I was driving the car at the time. Ary you out there?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #96

Alpine Owners Club
Today - 10-26-2009 - Saw an Alpine White and Brown heading west on CA-20 toward Grass Valley, CA. It was almost at the junction of 1-80 and 20. We were heading east toward Fernley, NV. While on I-80 heading east the DW, saw one heading west on I-80 and I did not see what color it was. It's windy and going to rain or snow here, so we are trying to get an early start and be heading south toward Vegas.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #97

Saw Takepride & 2 westbound 91 @ Imperial in Anaheim Hills, beckoning me to take another trip...after I get my steering bracket fixed
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #98

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rv'er View Post
Today - 10-26-2009 - Saw an Alpine White and Brown heading west on CA-20 toward Grass Valley, CA. It was almost at the junction of 1-80 and 20. We were heading east toward Fernley, NV. While on I-80 heading east the DW, saw one heading west on I-80 and I did not see what color it was. It's windy and going to rain or snow here, so we are trying to get an early start and be heading south toward Vegas.
Old RV'er, if you heading toward Vegas (where we live), you aren't going to get away from the wind, and possibly not the rain either. We're supposed to get 50 MPH gusts later today.

Hope you have a safe trip!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote