Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #99

Alpine Owners Club
We saw an early 2000s headed west on I-80 in the Rocklin/Loomis area as we were headed east toward Nevada. We're on our first big trip in the coach. We're currently sitting in Hawthorne, NV...planned on a one-night stop but John's come down with what seems to be the flu so we're here for another night or two. We're headed toward Zion and Bryce, then east. Route depends on weather...Anyone else traveling south for the winter?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #100

Alpine Owners Club
Gale and John & Dale G: We are in Vegas, arrived late today. It's already windy, but there are some good wind breaks around us, so hopefully we wont have to put in the slides so the toppers wont go. Dale I will pm you tomorrow, it's late now.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #101

Alpine Owners Club
Monty, I don't think it's supposed to be quite as windy today as it was yesterday, but then it didn't get as bad as they had predicted...so who knows! Welcome to our fair city...hope you have a good stay, and don't leave too poor.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #102

Alpine Owners Club
Jim and MaryJo:

Was I behaving? We were coming back from Idyllwild Thousand Trails. Now she's in Irvine for her annual, then off to Palm Springs for a 3-day weekend at Emerald Desert.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #103

Alpine Owners Club
There is another alpine camping here in the Las Vegas TT park, I have not gotten over to say hello. I believe we have met these folks before in Chehalis, WA, and if it's the same one, they are very nice folks. If they read this we are around the corner from you if you go out of your rig to the right and cross the street. Wow, small world.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #104

Sunday 10/25, we were heading south on Baja Highway 1 (aka Trans-Peninsular Highway) in the Rosarita Beach area, honking & waving like fools at a 2000-01. Anybody resemble that location?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepride View Post
Jim and MaryJo:

Was I behaving? We were coming back from Idyllwild Thousand Trails. Now she's in Irvine for her annual, then off to Palm Springs for a 3-day weekend at Emerald Desert.
You were doing a marvelous job! The commercial bus blasting down the fast lane to my left and in my lane could use some instruction from you.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #106

Alpine Owners Club
Today we saw a southbound '07 (??) tan/brown/rust colors, on Nevada hwy 95. We passed them at a rest stop, then they passed us, then we passed them again while they were stopped, I think in the Beatty area. We would have stopped but we both have 'the crud' and didn't want to spread it. We're in Pahrump for a couple days.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #107

Alpine Owners Club
JohnLori - Enjoy Pahrump, get better. There are three of us in the TT campground in Vegas, and we are staying until next week Thursday. Then heading into AZ to Valley Verde we think. Stop down if you feel well enough and are not contagious. We are healthy and don't want what ever you have. Thank you so much!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #108

Alpine Owners Club
Monty and Janet, We limped out of Pahrump this morning...we're feeling better but we've both got a pretty good cough. Sorry to have missed meeting three Alpiners! We're heading east, slowly but surely, headed for New Orleans for Thanksgiving w/ our son.

We look forward to meeting other Alpiners at the FMCA rally next summer in Redmond, OR. We live in Sisters so it's REALLY close to home. There's a slight chance we'll be at Quartzsite but hoping our plans for Mexico work out and we'll be laying in the sun at the beach instead of rock hunting in the desert! ha!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #109

Gotcha beat to Mexico. We're here now w/Mexican kids trick-or-treating at the coach, and watching the near full moon shine off the Rio Mulege. Implausibly groovy.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #110

Alpine Owners Club
Very cool Mike! I've never been a fan of Halloween but it's a very different, and more enjoyable IMHO, celebration in Mexico.

Thanks for your help in Sacto. I kept thinking about your tag line as the coach being 'the ultimate DIY project'. I did call the service you recommended but due to time constraints, we stuck with it and got both problems fixed on our own...
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #111

Alpine Owners Club
John-Lori - Do you have your itinerary down firm? We are also heading east/south. We need to be in Florida by 12-28-2009. I start school on 1-4-2010. We are planning on Valley Verde for 8 days, and then is weather dependent which way we go. I want to do I-40; the weather may drive us south to I-10. Our plans in Texas are up in the air, but we do want to stay in two Thousand Trails parks while in the state if possible. Otherwise we are (weather again) wanting to go I-30 NE into Tenn., and then I-75 South into North Georgia visit some family and then head south into FL. We have not had the flu this year, and did not take the shots. We met a fellow at Cummins Coach Care in Coburg, OR who took his shot last year and ended up with Guillain–Barré syndrome. Since Janet has never taken a flu shot and both of us are older, she and I have opted out for this year. I had swine flu in the late 50’s and again in 76, so if I even get it, it won’t be bad.

So send me a pm and I will give you e-mail and we can discuss if our routes will meet along the way and we can introduce ourselves in person. Have fun regardless and get well.

We do plan on the Redmond, OR rally next year as well. Just to see all those alpines would be something!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #112

Met Chris & Shirley from Arnold, CA in their 2003 40' 3 slide at Chula Vista two nights ago. Great folks. He just retired and they are taking their first long trips in the coach now that he isn't working. Hope to see them at Qzite in Jan.