Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
The Alpine So Cal February Rally to be held in Borrego Springs, CA

Jim & Polly Klinko jpklinko@aol.com will be the Wagonmasters for the February Rally to held in Borrego Springs on the 17th, 18th & 19th. The Assistant Wagonmasters are Fred & Lon Masino Lonfre@msn.com.

The Rally is going to be held at a new RV Resort, the Springs at Borrego in Borrego Springs, California. The Resort has a luxury nine-hole championship golf course and recreational vehicle resort located in the heart of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. The resort offers warm weather and many amenities such as; swimming pools, hot mineral baths, tennis courts and RV camping facilities. Take our virtual tour and view the beautiful scenery. The average temperature for February is 73.3? Day's Nights 45.6?, and the average Rain fall is 1.00".

Camping fee for 2 nights, Saturday catered dinner, Sunday breakfast, raffle prizes, etc. = $100.00. You may arrive a day early or stay after one day at the same Club rate of $31.00/night. You must make these arrangements on your own by calling the RV Resort at the above number.

Other amenities in the area include Restaurants, beautiful scenery, the Antique Market, Borrego Desert Nature Center, Anza-Borrego Hawkwatch 2006, (Hal Cohen and Paul Jorgensen have set for following dates for Hawkwatch 2006: Feb. 18 Saturday, 2006 Hawk workshop at Anza-Borrego Desert State Park for prospective hawk count participants)

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
The Alpine So Cal February Rally to be held in Borrego Springs, CA

Jim & Polly Klinko jpklinko@aol.com will be the Wagonmasters for the February Rally to held in Borrego Springs on the 17th, 18th & 19th. The Assistant Wagonmasters are Fred & Lon Masino Lonfre@msn.com.

The Rally is going to be held at a new RV Resort, the Springs at Borrego in Borrego Springs, California. The Resort has a luxury nine-hole championship golf course and recreational vehicle resort located in the heart of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. The resort offers warm weather and many amenities such as; swimming pools, hot mineral baths, tennis courts and RV camping facilities. Take our virtual tour and view the beautiful scenery. The average temperature for February is 73.3? Day's Nights 45.6?, and the average Rain fall is 1.00".

Camping fee for 2 nights, Saturday catered dinner, Sunday breakfast, raffle prizes, etc. = $100.00. You may arrive a day early or stay after one day at the same Club rate of $31.00/night. You must make these arrangements on your own by calling the RV Resort at the above number.

Other amenities in the area include Restaurants, beautiful scenery, the Antique Market, Borrego Desert Nature Center, Anza-Borrego Hawkwatch 2006, (Hal Cohen and Paul Jorgensen have set for following dates for Hawkwatch 2006: Feb. 18 Saturday, 2006 Hawk workshop at Anza-Borrego Desert State Park for prospective hawk count participants)

Dave
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #3

Dave:

Julie and I will be attending the Borrego Springs Rally. Question; If you have driven to this place, is going through Julian the best route to get there from Orange County?

ThanX,

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #4

I won't be able to attend. We are moving in a couple of weeks to Santa Ana, Floral Park, where I can park my Alpine on the driveway once in a while.

Walt, have fun. I have to come and see you soon. I am not happy with my HDTV.

David
rockcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Walt & Julie:

Good to here from you. I have never been to Borrego Springs but I have been to Warner springs and the roads are two lane windy roads. I am going to go out to the Salton Sea and double back to avoid the windy roads via Interstate 10 east to Indio. Take highway 86 south to Salton City, go west on S22 to Borrego Springs. From the STOP sign at Borrego Valley Rd.; continue 1 mile to Di Giorgio Rd. Turn right on Di Giorgio - the Resort entrance is approximately 1/2 mile on your right. This may be a longer route but time wise it is about the same.

Dave
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #6

I agree with Dave. The "Banner Grade", RT 78 east out of Julian is very steep and curvy. If you insist on coming down the I-15 go east thru Aquanga on RT 79, then turn east on the S-2 south of Warner Spring and go to the S-22 through Ranchita down the S-3 "Montezuma Grade" into Borrego Springs. That is an easy drive. Make sure you pull off at the viewpoint on the Montezuma Grade and see the view of the Imperial Valley from there. On a clear day you can see the entire Salton Sea

Claudia and I are give serious thought to attending this rally.

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #7

Thanks Danny and Dave for the insight:

I think I'll opt for the Warner Springs route via Temecula, it's the closest for me. And, I'll be sure to pull off for the view.

I have taken my 40 footer up the grade from Cottonwood through Gerome, Az (wouldn't do it again) and didn't knock off any mirrows..... (Julie's knuckles turned a little white from grabbing the co-pilots seat) so "the Montezuma Grade" sounds like a piece of cake.

..... try to make the rally, would love to meet you guys.

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #8

Dave,
We didn't sign up because we didn't know what our schedule would be, but we may be in the "neighborhood". Would there be room for another coach if we came on Friday?

Thanks
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Hello HTG3:

Sorry to tell you that the campground is full. Because of the three day weekend we were notified yesterday (Monday) that they are completely full, with the exception of dry camping. We were unable to find a space for another late registrant and we were also told they have a waiting list. You can contact Springs at Borrego at 866-330-0003 to see if your luck is any better.

Dave
Old 02-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #10

Oh well! Thanks for the info. I didn't even know it was a three day weekend, but then I'm retired so everyday is a holiday!

You all have fun out there.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote