Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #85

Alpine Owners Club
The problem has been fixed. I'm not sure what happened, because had hadn't made any changes, but I'll keep an eye on it. Meanwhile, if you notice any other problems, please let me know.

Webstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #86

Alpine Owners Club
Tech Link

The tech link is not working again.

1peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #87

i just checked it (browser = Firefox) and its working for me. May have been a temporary glitch.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #88

Alpine Owners Club
Yes, it's up again, but there are still some problems, I can't access it via ftp.
Linda
Old 11-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #89

Linda- I tried last night & again this a.m. and can't get browser to find the Library. Apparently the server outfit is having issues as others also report same. Should we be finding a more reliable server?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
I sent a request to NorCal yesterday to bring all their TechLib stuff to the mid-May rally in Plymouth, CA (where, IMHO, much wine will be dranken). I can make a quick trip there to discuss it and take whatever comes in home for scanning. This is the first official test of the TechLib as a rally function. I hope it exceeds my expectations and I come home loaded.

I have received only two submittals so far, one by email, and one by fax. Fax doesn't work so well for picture quality, but I retyped the one page of process instructions from WRV & saved it as a PDF so it worked out perfectly, thanks again Harold. I haven't gotten anything by mail, so I must assume the Post Office is swamped with a nearly unprocessable pile, working its way slug-like thru their "systems" to arrive at Auburn "soon." Please don't let this issue die of insouciance.

We need:
- brochures for every year/coach version
- owner's manuals every year/model
- system manuals or preferably mfgr's web links for manuals
- WRV instructions for whatever fixits you have accumulated
- part numbers for whatever you have replaced, & supplier contact info
- notes on parts or systems for fixing stuff that doesn't work
- photos of repairs and remodels that make our coaches work better
- whatever else I've forgotten, but you lose sleep over where it will be found in year 2050

Thanks, LibrarianMike
I have 04 brochure. If not a duplication I will mail it to your supplied address.
Bruce
Old 04-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #91

Along w/the variety of stuff that has gone into the Tech Library, I have accumulated a random variety of snippets off iRV2. These include part#'s, processes, suppliers, fixits, and whatever else I figure might be useful to myself or others in operating & maintaining an Alpine. I've compiled these into the following, randomly ordered PDF file.

Best method of using it is to SEARCH the doc for keywords in an issue you are having. Actually the best is to read yourself to sleep w/it till you've consumed it all. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpine Spare Parts and Maintenance Info 4.20.14.pdf (299.5 KB, 168 views)
Old 04-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #92

Alpine Owners Club
Mike; Thank you for all the work you do for us!
For research, this forum and the ACA site are the first places I go when I have an issue with our coach. Your efforts are appreciated.

2002 Alpine Coach 34 FDDS
Wally & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #93

CHASSIS WIRING INFO added to Tech Library

Linda Cain, ACA's web mistress, has done a major update to ACA's Tech Library to include a substantial bequest we received from Leoni Wiring Systems, who produced wire looms for pre-Vansco coaches. We are not sure of the earliest dates for Leoni as a supplier, and think earliest wire looms may have been built in-house or a combo of in-house & another supplier. But Leoni built the majority of the 2003 & earlier looms.

Go to the Tech Library page, scroll to the Electrical Systems drop-down, choose 1997-2003 Wiring Documents, then click GO. Read the pre-amble for additional info on locating your coach's diagrams, then scroll down & any download diagrams you conclude may apply.

For 2004 and later coaches, I have paper copies of 2005-ish Vansco wire loom diagrams I've been copying & making available at rallies. The following PDF file is a work in progress describing the wiring schema for the dot-matrix labelled wiring WRV used. Although it is being taken off Vansco chassis' diagrams having the ISL engine as standard, WRV perpetuated circuit designations from the earliest coaches forward, except where circuit wiring needs changed due to parts changes (e.g. mechanical engines will have the most changes from the standards listed here, ISC engines mostly conforming, pre-SmartWheel will differ in affected circuits vs SmartWheel coaches, all ISL engines should be spot on or 99.9% conforming). If you are having a wiring problem, this information should help you or your tech shop get to the problem a lot faster.

For those who plumb out a given circuit, please feel free to send me any update info you have to add to the knowledge base, and I will update this PDF from time to time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alpine Chassis Circuit# Listing 4.20.14.pdf (96.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #94

With all the info available to us on this site, I see no reason to ever sell the rig.....maybe one of us will get 1,000,000 miles. I have 92,000 on a 2001, so it will take about 130 years!
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #95

EngineerMike, This is fantastic. I can't thank you enough for your time and patience. I've only been an Alpine Coach owner for a few months, but I'm happy to own one and have joined Alpine Coach Association!

Edit after looking it over. These aren't traditional schematics or current tracks. They appear to be engineering documents that will take a little study to fully understand. Not complaining, just saying. Thanks again!
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #96

Koop- The "Leoni" diagrams were actually "Peak Chassis Group" diagrams, i.e. WRV's engineering shop. They grew in sophistication over time. I'm looking at a 5/02 drawing for Main Chassis loom, and it shows the pin-outs for the connectors along w/each circuit's wire number/name. It also shows in-loom splices by circuit number/name. Earliest looms either didn't contain splices or didn't note locations. Splicing eliminated relays, or other complexities, to activate multiple functions. You can "trace" a circuit by finding its origin & circuit# (also wire size/color), then searching the drawing for the output side of that circuit#.

Later Vansco looms, also drawn by WRV, went another step- at each end-point for a wire they show the circuit# for each pin of a connector (or leg of a splice) along w/wire size/color, but they also annotate the next junction for that wire, be it a splice, pin on another connector, etc. That makes tracing even easier for the Vansco chassis's. We (meaning me) only have paper drawings of those and only of a single chassis model/year, so any variations are up to the individual coach owner/tech to interpret. For these Leoni diagrams we have at least model year 2000 to 2003 complete, along w/some earlier info spliced in here & there. For those who have the actual schematics (which are also in the electronic files), you should have a complete set of chassis electrical drawings just as the factory had them.

I posted a PDF for the Vansco wiring (post#93 above) that I'm compiling from time to time as circuits come under scrutiny and info level improves. If anybody wants to start one for a pre-Vansco rig, feel free to use my "template" and I'll help as I can. Each time somebody has to repair a circuit element, some learning takes place. The more we can store of that knowledge, the easier it gets over time.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #97

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine Tech Library, for Real

Mike,
I have schematics of wiring, plumbing ect for our 2000. They are blue print sized.......meaning more bigger than 8 1/2x 11.
Would these be of any value to the library?

YRTB. Little bit of EM talk for "you are the best!"
Old 08-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #98

Alpine Owners Club
Tech Page Working Again

The most recent outage, cause by a change in editing programs, is now repaired. If anyone notices and broken links etc, please let me know.
Thanks