Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine Totaled

Fred and Carol Royce sent the following:

Our 50 day trip to Alaska came to a sudden end on Sunday, June 26. We are physically fine, but it has been a traumatic experience. Coach was totaled south of Teslin, BC. Accident caused by being sideswiped by a van that spun out of control as a result of a truck towing a 5th wheel passing on a curve and striking the van. Absolutely no fault on our part, but we were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Thirty seconds one way or another could have made the difference. Tow car was also damaged at the back end but it is drivable and we think repairable. We have driven back home and arrived Sunday, July 3. Fred and Carol

We're sending a card. They might appreciate hearing from others.

Frank & Dessa
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Wow! That's really too bad. I just hope Fred and Carol (alpinefred) will be able to pick up the pieces, get yet another Alpine and continue on. I'm sure glad they are okay. I'll be thinking of them.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Glad no-one was hurt, good luck in the future and I hope you find another Alpine.

Don
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #4

Carol and Fred what a terrible end to what would have been a wonderful trip. Suzanne and I are so glad you are not injured and having been through a scary accident damaging the coach and toad can relate to some extent. You are a wonderful couple and we have enjoyed being with you last year and hope we have that opportunity again. We know it will take some time for the visions of the accident to wear down, but they will and although we had anxious moments on our first couple of trips after our coach left the shop 3 months later we believe it is behind us now. Fred you were a great contributor to the continuation of ACA and we hope we see you next year in CA.

John and Suzanne Tripp
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We are glad that no one was hurt, and that you both arrived home safely. The alpine can be replaced, and we all will help you find one when the time is right.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #6

Wow! Things just happen so fast! It is good that you two are fine. Probably better that since the Alpine is so well made, that that in itself was a good thing for you. I am aware that Don and Carol Schock have a 36' for sale. I believe they are members of the NWoACC (I just joined with it, but think those are the initials).
Good luck and hope you get back on the road soon. DrH
drhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I will be interested in learning what sort of value the insurance company places on the totaled Alpine and how that figure compares to NADA retail, for example. Since it would appear there is another potentially liable party whose insurance is implicated, there is less likelihood of a fight (compared to your own insurer). Either way, it would be interesting to know the final adjustment.

If I were the insurer, in today's market, I'd offer to locate and buy them another Alpine, 1 year newer and with at least as much equipment. SInces it is a buyer's market, that would probably be cheaper for the insurer than writing a big check.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #8

Oh, Fred and Carol - I remember your talking so excitedly about this trip. I'm so happy to read that you both are OK. As someone else has said, it's just an Alpine. :-) And you both are well. Hope to see you soon - on the road again.