Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #1

What a Great and long over due article in the FMCA Magazine. You can help keep the hype going by taking a moment to write FMCA and not only thank them but share how GREAT an Alpine really is by your own first hand experiences. What a great way to help Alpine and your Alpine Chapters to continue to grow! Growth will mean not only your groups growing but many great new and exciting things should come along with overall growth. As I know WRV is continuing to move forward I too will continue to spread the good news of the Alpines. I also am here to help anyway I can not only to help you all grow but anything else I can do I'M there! GO ALPINE! Happy RV-ing! What better compliment than imitation! There is a lot of new designs and features on the market but I have yet to see the overall thought in a motor home that WRV has put into the Alpines. I see many Great things happening as did with ForeTravel but we need to all help with this grow as Foretravel owners have and continue to do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #2

What a Great and long over due article in the FMCA Magazine. You can help keep the hype going by taking a moment to write FMCA and not only thank them but share how GREAT an Alpine really is by your own first hand experiences. What a great way to help Alpine and your Alpine Chapters to continue to grow! Growth will mean not only your groups growing but many great new and exciting things should come along with overall growth. As I know WRV is continuing to move forward I too will continue to spread the good news of the Alpines. I also am here to help anyway I can not only to help you all grow but anything else I can do I'M there! GO ALPINE! Happy RV-ing! What better compliment than imitation! There is a lot of new designs and features on the market but I have yet to see the overall thought in a motor home that WRV has put into the Alpines. I see many Great things happening as did with ForeTravel but we need to all help with this grow as Foretravel owners have and continue to do.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #3

I hope all of you reading this are considering writing to FMCA, and anything else you can think of that might help get the word out let me know.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #4

Ron I wrote my letter to FMCA.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Ron,

I read that article a couple of weeks after I purchased my NEW 06 Apex. I could not believe they were writing about a coach made by the same company that built this piece of junk I am driving.

Granted the driving and handeling is good, but so far I am not convinced that the quality is in the house part of this thing.

I am writing this from Yakima,WA where we have been for the past three weeks trying to get all of the bugs worked out and it looks like we will be here most of next week too.

I have to admit that they seem to be making an effort to take care of us, but we are not confident that all will be well for very long after we leave. Nearly every day something else goes wrong.

As for right now, we are trying to give this coach a fair chance, but I may try to trade it off on another brand before too long.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #6

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. However we sell National, Foretravel,Country Coach, Forest River, Simbas by Monaco, and Mandalays, and I can asure you this is normal with all manufacturers, Most the components in the coaches are from the same manufacturers. I wuld hate to see you throw good money after bad....I believe you have one of the best coaches on the market. Keep in mind when you build a new home there too are many items on your punch list that need fixed they just might not be as irratating as you are not on a trip. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. Hang in there I thing you'lll be glad you did. It's worth it now... They will get fewer as time goes on. Good Luck! Ron
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
UPDATE1

We finally left WRV yesterday with most of our problems resolved for now.

Ron, I gather from your response that you are in sales at some dealership. We built a new house recently and did not have more than a handfull of issues on a 3000 sq.ft. house.

I feel that they are making these coaches too complicated in people of our age group.. We did not grow up with computers.

As for Hydro Hot, it would be much more desirable, in my opinion, if it worked better on electric. It may sound petty, but I don't think I should have to burn diesel fuel to stay warm when we are paying $30 or more for a park with hookups.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 AM   #8

big jimbo, I'll bet if you put a motor and some wheels on that 3000 sq. ft. home and drove it down the road and bounced it up and down and hit a few potholes and all of the other things that we put our motorhomes through that your 3000 sq. ft. house would show multiple problems.
I would bet your motorhome would be a great deal better than your house. I realize that this is pretty ridiculous, but imagine your house going down the road.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #9

Jim
Acually anything mechanical has become more complicated in todays time. Look at phones, tvs, radios, automobiles, etc. We live in a technical age....any coach becomes complex as you are putting the ammenities of a home into them. The consumer has driven where the industry has gone..just has they have every industry....I don't need a car with all the gagets that have no real benefit....I do however want a frig, stove, hot water, tv, etc in a motorhome, I'm sorry this frustrates you so ....I assume there is a reason you bought a motorhome instead of traveling in a vehicle and staying at a motel. I wish someone would of better educated you pryor to you buying a motorhome. I can assure you bought one of the best on the road and the best value for your dollar if that helps. Good luck...It seems you use a computor...so there is alot of good info out there to further educate you which will help as things arise. Best Wishes Ron
Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #10

big jimbo - It would be nice to be able to specify everything as "options" so those who don't like "gadgets" wouldn't have to have them. However, I expect being able to specify all options would actually increase the cost of the coach since inventory, engineering, assembly, etc. issues would be more complex (more options make things more complex). Just like automobiles, there are standard features. The higher end cars have more standard features. If we don't like them, we choose a "lower-end" car. Actually I am amazed that any coach holds up under the conditions of service. I once heard an analogy of driving one down the road to an earthquake of 8.5 on the Richter scale. Not many houses could withstand much of that.