Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #1

Amana Fridge in '05 Alpine

Our 40'fdts is an 05 built in Oct 04. Yes, I had the steering box issue and the rear bolt problem so this is minor by comparison. I have the residential Amana side by side with ice and water in the door. All worked just fine until our current outing. When we got home several weeks ago, I left the coach plugged in and fridge was left alone. No water was hooked up though. A few days ago, on our latest jaunt, it seemed that the ice maker was over filling with water and running into the ice bin, freezing, and gluing all the cubes together. I checked online and tried warming up the whole icemaker with a hair dryer to make sure the fill tube wasn't partially blocked. Good water pressure etc. Clean filter.Freezer temp at zero. Online I read about a set screw to reduce the water volume let in on each cycle but can't figure out how to remove the cover of the unit to access said set screw. Sorry to be so long, but this just came out of the blue and I am puzzled.
Also, if the fridge has to be slid out of it's living space, is there anything to do besides just yank onthe fridge? I figured that it is bolted down somehow and see a couple of large bolts and washers in the bay underneath the fridge but don't want to remove them as I don't know how I would get things lined up again. HELP!!!!
Thanks so much in advance,
Mike
Wrinklemeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,

The Amana is bolted to the floor, but the holes in the floor are large enough on ours that we are able to see the threads in the reefer frame well enough to re-align the refrigerator in order to to re-install it.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I had the same problem. I replaced the ice cube tray due to some of the cubes not releasing.
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
There are or should be 4 bolts which go through the floor from the compartment below into the 4 corners of the refer to hold it down. I think the heads of them are in the compartment below and might be big torx or allen's I don't remember which, just know they are there. You might see if the filter (built into the refer-easily replacable) is old and pluged up, that also might be causing the problem. We don't have the water turned on to ours, we don't use ice, and don't like real cold water to drink, plus in RV school, 90% of all the trouble with refers is with the water or ice subsystem, so why invite trouble.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
We also have had this problem. Traced it to air in the fill line caused by not bleeding the air from the system when we hookd up to park water or when onboard water gets low, then the pump will slug air.

To fix it remove the ice maker and thaw out by running under hot water. Thaw out frozen fill tube with hair dryer. Purge air from system by runnig faucets.
1peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #6

We have the 38' and there are two bolts in the compartment just to the right of the furnace, and two bolts in the furnace bay. Fortunately, they only put three bolts in because if they put the back one in over the furnace I never would have been able to get to it.

The next thing is getting the plug through the hole in the floor. It probably went through fine before they routed all the cables through there also. I had to force the plug through the hole and back again, and bent one of the pins a bit, but didn't cause any damage. Why they couldn't have put the outlet for the fridge above the fridge inside the coach, where you could access it without having to unbolt the furnace bay door, is beyond me.

And, yes, the bolts are a lot easier to get back in than you'd think.
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #7

If you remove the bolts and move the reefer be very careful with the water line that goes to the ice maker. It's possible to roll over it with the wheels.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cross View Post
If you remove the bolts and move the reefer be very careful with the water line that goes to the ice maker. It's possible to roll over it with the wheels.
Oh sure!!! Now you tell me.....

Tags
fridge