Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #1

I have been lucky with my slides so far, but recently noticed that the lower rear corner of the large (DS) living room slide is rubbing.
When I took the coach into Saddleback RV, they said the slides should be checked for alignment/adjusted every year. I must have missed that in the instructions as it has been over two years since we got the coach. So the fix/checkup/adjustment is going to cost about $300.
Does anyone out there check/adjust their own slides? The service rep at Saddleback said the
check is mostly - does the slide operate properly and do the paint stripes all line up.
(My stripes were off on the bedroom slides by about 1/8") The slides work fine, I am going to have my stripes adjusted
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #2

I have been lucky with my slides so far, but recently noticed that the lower rear corner of the large (DS) living room slide is rubbing.
When I took the coach into Saddleback RV, they said the slides should be checked for alignment/adjusted every year. I must have missed that in the instructions as it has been over two years since we got the coach. So the fix/checkup/adjustment is going to cost about $300.
Does anyone out there check/adjust their own slides? The service rep at Saddleback said the
check is mostly - does the slide operate properly and do the paint stripes all line up.
(My stripes were off on the bedroom slides by about 1/8") The slides work fine, I am going to have my stripes adjusted
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello HTG3:

The adjustment of the slide up/down is easy to do. If you look at the bottom of the slide rams (when open) you will see a large nut on the bottom with an allen screw in the center. You loosen the nut and turn the allen screw Counterclockwise to raise the corner and Clockwise to lower the corner. Retighten the large nut.

I do not think you need to take in to have it checked for adjustment you can check it your self when you walk around the coach, that is what I do and it is a lot cheaper than $300.00 for someone else to look. I also take the Alpine to an independent RV shop for service, rather than a dealer because of problems I have had in the past.

I hope this info helps.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:29 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I have had problems, ever since delivery, with the slides on the living room passenger and driver slides. They drag on the tile floor and carpet. Saddleback said "we can not adjust them to eliminate dragging, you will have to take it to the factory".

We just returned from a 5,000 mile trip. During this trip the slides gouged the tile floor on the kitchen slide. The dinning room slide now hangs up on the floor, when it is being retracted.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Dave, I am in West Covina, Ca. Could you tell me the independent service center you go to. My e-mail address is dennis@whit-tech.com.

Dennis Whitman
2005 40FDQS
1peddler is offline   Reply With Quote